2005 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Awesome new Jetta, wish gas wa

2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Awesome new Jetta, wish gas was cheaper
By Irene on

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

First time buyer of a VW or any German car, and I must say that the reputation of the performance and handling of the new Jetta stands strong. The car is very sturdy on freeways, the tiptronic kicks in smoothly when accelerating between speeds for that extra oomph of power and you hardly know when you are going over 70 mph. Handles superb turning and lane changes. I've never been issued a speeding ticket before, but I just might now! Love the color (got the Graphite Blue). Great, modern interior and exterior look, LOVE the new chrome grill, super speakers, moonroof. Just wish that the fuel efficiency was better - I've been filling up about $35/week which is a dent...but decent.

Highly recommend the Package #1. Adjustable seats (half electronic, half-manual), love the 16" alloy wheels, moon roof (which has 2 variations of opening), 6-CD changer. Nice "leather" look, easy to maintain. Tiptronic transmission. Cool dual-zone climate control and lockable trunk option.

I'm more frugal after being a Corolla owner for so long, so I wish it had better gas mileage. But the TDI isn't out here, so I would recommend getting that if you can (which I heard gets up to 50 mph on diesel).