2005 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews 8

2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Great Car
By John on 11/28/06 16:20 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has excellent handling, great fuel economy, and is a real blast on twisty roads. The Goodyear tires are great in the wet and dry. The only problem with the summer tires is the need for winter tires and rims. The ride is a little stiff but well worth it when you want to play boy racer. Overall this is an excellent car.

Jetta Rock(et)
By Van Egmont on 10/11/06 11:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Other than an issue with a sensor this car absolutely rocks. Driving it is so much fun. You can kick back in comfort and cruise or lean forward and rocket past most anything on the road. Ours is a 2005.5 which is the newer model. It came with everything on the newer models but with a lower price. You can't go wrong with a European import!!!!

So Far So Good
By Si on 09/22/06 20:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

We bought one of the first New Jettas in 2005 after considering Toyota and Honda, but the interior of the Jetta was far superior. So far the only trouble we've had was a cooling fan that would not stop running and was replaced by the dealer under warranty. There was one surprise: the rear brake pads needed to be replaced at 18,000 miles while the front brake pads looked like new. Beware of the state troopers - the car really comes alive once you pass 80 mph!

VW has hit a homerun with the new Jetta
By RDW South Carolina on 09/11/06 06:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We have driven Mercedes diesel autos for fifteen years. my wife got us interested in the Jetta diesel and we made a good decision to buy the VW. it is a pleasure to drive.

Vats da big Idea? German Engineering?
By Theresar on 07/07/06 12:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Jetta has A/C vents located to blow in every direction but the direction you need them to blow. Its directional lights stay on when you shut the vehicle off, if you don't realize this it will run your battery down. My car's alarm system flew the coop after four months. The A/C is barely A/C, don't buy this car if you live in a hot area, my daughter's Saturn ION cools 10x better. Its seat covers ball up like a cheap sweater in a dryer. This car's overall shape makes it difficult to back up as visibility even for a tall person is limited

VW Hetta TDI Wagon
By Got Gas? on 06/14/06 23:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

My experience with the TDI has been very positive. It has excellent fit and finish, no rattles at all. All of its equipment works flawlessly. I am getting a consistant 46 mpg with this diesel car.

Needs Prius Style MPG guage
By wiring-geek on 05/28/06 09:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

The Jetta TDI is a great car. My family needs booted me out of my beloved compact pickup, but this is a worthy replacement. If you're hauling children only in back, definitely remove and store the rear head rests...at least remove the middle (of three) for better vision when backing up.

Never a Regret
By Missouri Lady on 05/20/06 20:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I drive 86 miles round trip to my job. I get an average of 48 miles per gallon on diesel. I was driving a 4 wheel drive, half ton truck which only got 14 miles per gallon. I live in St. Louis and the temperatures can be very cold. My Jetta is very reliable and fun to drive. I love it! I will buy another Jetta TDI. Thanks Volkswagen.

For the Value Edition you get a lot
By davbev on 05/13/06 12:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New Value Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have had this car for almost a year and I still love to drive it. It has a lot of get up and go and I love burning through the gears. The stereo is pretty good considering it is the Value Edition and I love the front end styling. For around $18,000 you aren't going to find a much better car. I leased mine for $158 a month. I have had no problems at all. I just got back from North Carolina, a 10 and a half hour drive for me and it was comfortable enough for just two short gas stops. I would like to get a GLI next with even more power with exterior styling.

Diesel all the way
By tiddywag on 05/11/06 13:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This is a great car to own. Admittedly, it's not too fast, but it gets the job done. It has good low RPM power and unbelievable fuel economy. My best has been 50.64 MPG so far, that was with 85% highway driving. Be sure to set the cruise control fairly conservatively for best results and constantly monitor your tire pressure.