2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Great Car
By Nick R on 06/04/07 05:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

We love this car. Acquired as a lease and will buy it at the end of lease. Haven't had any problems with this car and it's great to drive around in.

Great Car
By ckeel4 on 04/24/07 18:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my wife in late 2005. She absolutely loves it and will probably keep it for many years to come. I love the heated seats (also does great in the snow). Its size is comparable to an Accord or Camry. I feel it matches up better in fact with a BMW 3 series. It is remarkably similar to a 2002-2005 Audi A4 and the size of the old Passat. Very few downsides show through on the car. The driver compartment aggravates me as I like to rest my leg in the middle of the car, in the VW this falls right on a sharp edge. Also, the wheels are susceptible to scratches.

Great Car
By roger6855 on 03/10/07 19:19 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have had my Jetta for a year and a half with zero problems. This car is fun to drive, comfortable on long trips, has plenty of power and I get 22-24 mpg in town and 32-35 mpg on the highway. In fact, it seams the faster I drive, the better the gas mileage is.

Jetta GLI
By Robert on 03/04/07 20:26 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my car used with 31,000 miles. Kudos to VW for adding the 6-seepd tranny, larger brakes, stiffer springs, body kit and Recaro seats! This Jetta is definitely worthy of the GLI badge. The suspension is on the firm side, but it's great fun to drive. It is very comfortable on my commutes. As a previous reviewer also mentioned, the front lip hangs fairly low, so you need to exercise caution when parking or when going up ramps. I love the car so far.

A Blast to Drive!
By Larabean on 02/23/07 09:44 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just love this little car. I have one in "spice red" and always get complements on how good looking it is. It's a beauty. What's better is it is a blast to drive! I have owned Hondas (a Civic and an Accord) in the past and this car is more solid, peppy, quiet and just plain more fun to drive. It has nice little added features like the doors lock automatically when you start to drive and the interior lights gently fade off when all the doors are closed. The interior is blanketed with airbags in the front and sides. And the sound system is fantastic. My only complaint is that the trunk door is hard to open and close (stiff/heavy). I highly recommend this car!

Jetta GLI
By jason on 01/20/07 09:09 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great looking car sits low to the ground, so you have to be careful. It needs a short shifter and there is not much leg room in the back. The wheel well liners rip easy though. Overall, this has been a great car so far.

Recaro sSeats Look Good, but...
By Goldie on 01/10/07 17:49 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is great. It's fun to drive, it looks good, and it's not too expensive. But seriously...those front seats are just way too narrow. I'm not abnormally huge, but I just can't stand sitting in them for more than an hour or so. And the backs seats are made for toddlers. They have no leg room at all. Everything else is cool. The Tiptronic transmission shifts well, the features and controls are great. The trunk is huge, and nothing has really gone wrong. The only other complaints I have would be the low front clearance (I scrape it on everything) and the low profile tires. A crack in the road in Houston blew out two tires and dented the rims. Oops. All in all, though, this is a great Volkswagen.

Love my Jetta
By VW Jetta Lvr on 11/29/06 06:47 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have now owned my Jetta for over a year now and have absolutely loved every single minute of owning it AND driving it! I waiting until the body style changed in 2005 to purchase the Jetta since I felt the other style was a little small. The handling is wonderful, the ride is smooth, and I love all of the little extras the VW has put in the car to play with!

Great Car
By John on 11/28/06 16:20 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has excellent handling, great fuel economy, and is a real blast on twisty roads. The Goodyear tires are great in the wet and dry. The only problem with the summer tires is the need for winter tires and rims. The ride is a little stiff but well worth it when you want to play boy racer. Overall this is an excellent car.

Jetta Rock(et)
By Van Egmont on 10/11/06 11:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Other than an issue with a sensor this car absolutely rocks. Driving it is so much fun. You can kick back in comfort and cruise or lean forward and rocket past most anything on the road. Ours is a 2005.5 which is the newer model. It came with everything on the newer models but with a lower price. You can't go wrong with a European import!!!!