Used 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 236 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Jetta

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

I Love My Jetta
By Michael

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I love my Jetta. Is my second Jetta, I have a 2005 GLI for my boyfriend to drive. I fell in love with the Jetta. The had to have one myself. I love the new style and feel of the interior. I have found myself finding excuses to get in the car and and drive to be driving it.

Comfort, and stereo system. I am a big fan of XM satellite radio and love that included feature.

A little more support in armrest area and a navigation system would be nice. Adjust the glich in the XM stereo that keeps reseting itself back to the preview channel on regular basis. In spite of these few things would recommend to all my friends.

New Jetta: More Than My Money's Worth
By J D

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I was pleasantly surprised by the New Jetta. Bought the 2.5 without premium package (but not Value Package.) With incentives the price was $20,264. Surprisingly, all the goodies from my A4 3.0 are there, plus more, like rain-sensing wipers and auto headlights. Handling is way crisper than Edmunds' review would have you believe, and power is quite adequate if not barnburning. Six speed Tiptronic transmission is the only auto tranny in this price range with more than four gears - - makes all the difference. Seats are really comfortable (very firm as is typical of Germans.) Although assembled in Puebla Mexico the workmanship (so far) is absolutely first rate. No complaints whatever. Great value!

Super clean controls and gauges. Rain sensing wipers and auto headlights. Electromechanical steering (not hydraulic) works great, very responsive. Loads of room in trunk, in back seat. Rear air cond vents are fantastic. Seat heaters for both back and buns. Steering wheel tilts and telescopes!

No suggestions. Very nicely made and thought out vehicle at a great price.

Luv the VW
By Tallulah

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I love, love, love my new VW! I feel Llke I am driving an expensive car but, I'm not. I went from a Ford to VW and I could not be happier. It is good on gas, it's so cute, and has an awesome stereo system in it!

The stereo, design for driver, purple/blue lights, anf good gas mileage.

Maybe a bigger back seat! (but, I don't sit in the back).

From Gas to Diesel
By dokdiesel

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Never owned a diesel or VW before. I needed a high mpg car for a longer commute. I was leaning towards a hybrid, but I test drove it and I was impressed. Just turned 1,100 miles on the car. It's been a great commuter car so far. The car handles well and latest safety test rating are and added bonus.

Outstanding fuel economy (over 42 mpg), lots of trunk space, nice wood trim, lots of torque when needed, good sound system, and sweet updated exterior styling.

Door speakers rattle sometimes from deep bass notes (looking for the VW dealer fix), have factory tinted windows standard, make the satellite radio a single option (not part of a package), and improve the rear seating A/C flow.

The New Jetta
By Eric Moore

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is a great car. I believe it is reliable and it has a lot of features that are nice, such as seat warmers, rain sensors, and the 6-CD changer. It rides and drives really well. The fuel economy is not bad either. This car has style and class for a very inexpensive price.

Seat warmers, side mirror defrosters, rain sensors, the 6 CD changer, and tiptronic transmission.

None