Used 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 236 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Jetta

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

No Regrets
By kaigoss69

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought this car as a family car (2 adults, 2 young kids) to replace our Honda Pilot. I must say I was very leary about getting rid of the bigger Pilot, mainly because of the loss in cabin and trunk space, but I have been pleasantly surprised by the amount of trunk space the Jetta offers, and interior space, especially in the back seat, is sufficient for our needs. The 2005 model offers a lot of "bells and whistles" standard that do not come standard in the 2006 model, and that's the main reason I went with an '05. The interior design and build quality are superb. The car is built like a rock. The ride is nice and sporty, acceleration is decent. Gas mileage is 20 C / 32 H after 700 miles.

The trip computer with instantaneous MPG. Compass. Heated seats. Leatherette seats. 6-Disc CD changer with MP3.

Fix the engine noise. Add an ID3 Tag display on the radio.

Great Car!
By Farah

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New Value Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I love driving this car! I've had older Toyota Camrys and a Honda Accord...and my 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Value Edition feels so much more powerful. Also, it looks really nice.

MP3 compatible basic cCDplayer. The wipers slow down when you come to a stop light. HUGE trunk.

The gas mileage in the city stinks! I get about 16-18 mpg. The engine is pretty loud when I first start it. The headlights don't automatically turn off if you forget to turn them off.

A Few Kinks, but I Love It!
By cindy

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I traded my Jeep because of gas prices and love this Jetta. I had done earlier research on the Jetta back in late 90's and was not impressed but this year was a completley different car. I love the ride until you have to floor it, would be nice to have a little more pick up and go when needed. I have a driver side sterio speaker issue that I need to fix, the car does start up kinda loud but then it goes away and runs smoothly. The trunk space is GREAT and the numerous other german features are wonderful and I enjoy! I have hit 45-50 miles to the gallon driving wisely, or maybe I just got a good engine.

How the car handles, the color of the main board at night and the main menu, the trunk space and little gadgets, 6 changer CD changer, and multi funtion moonroof.

Fix the loud engine noise that happend when the engine starts. The sterio speakers could use some work. Additional power for better acceleration would be nice.

So Far So Good
By crawling

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I owned an Audi TT before the Jetta. I loved my TT but realized that maybe I couldn't afford it after the warranty runs out. The Jetta is more comfortable than the TT. It rides more smoothly. It just doesn't snap your head back when you put it in third and give it some gas. But still, if I close my eyes when I walk to the car and then get in the Jetta, I am in a luxury Audi TT. It has a nice sound system, sunroof, heated seats, and sweet leather. Enjoy life! I really like this Jetta!

Heated seats, stereo, and smooth, quiet ride.

Fix the bass on the stereo so that the speakers don't vibrate.

My First Jetta
By First VW

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my first VW or import car for that matter. I am a huge fan of the New Jetta, I love all the features. It feels like I am driving a BMW that I paid 50 million dollars for. I purchased the 5-speed 2.5, and my only complaint is that my back gets sore from riding long trips. The seats don't provide much support and are pretty stiff.

The trunk release (opens trunk all the way up) and turn signal on the side mirror.

Make the seats more comfortable, not so stiff.