2005 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews 21

2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Great performance, zero reliability
By yoli on 03/23/05 21:42 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Love it and hate it. Just name a few problems fixed on my Jetta 2002: - First week of ownership, rear passenger door couldnít open because cable fell down inside the door panel. - One piece radio got replaced three times. - Ignition coils replaced at four times. - Windshield wrapper loosened, ridiculous. - Now the front brake squeaks, I was told that there is no way to fix unless change the whole brake pads, disks, etc, I canít believe that. Ö

It is good for the money
By max becker on 03/22/05 09:59 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

It always starts, the TDI is great for mileage. The handling is good for a car that is not a performance car.

AutoBahn quality
By Johnny on 03/22/05 00:51 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Very satisfied and wild on the car. Almost like sports luxury when you drive it. Needs a bit more performance but has alot of potential and style.

Love it more every day
By Memoryride on 03/16/05 09:03 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned trucks my whole life. I have never driven a more tuned car then the Jetta. Wish I would have gotten the 6 speed but needed the automatic. It handles like a dream and has all the power you need. If you need more this engine can do it. Out of all the cars out there, Volkswagen has really set the bar. Make sure you look at all the little details. It will blow you away!!

TDI is a great engine
By DD on 03/13/05 15:18 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I've now had the Jetta wagon with the diesel engine for about two months. Assuming it lasts (the engine assuredly will, time will tell about the rest of the car)it is a wonderful car. Comfortable, road-friendly, intelligently designed (they even have a sunglasses holder), this is a great car. And, I'm getting 40 mpg. It loves to cruise at 80 mph. Great car.

Ultimate in practicality and fun
By Rob from JAX on 03/04/05 12:16 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The Jetta was everything promised. With 7,000 miles on it, I've averaged 43 mpg in the city. It's fuel efficient, yet it has get-up-and-go when it needs it. The fuel gauge is more conservative than published in the owners manual. I've been very satisfied.

Fun car ! Looks nice...
By Steve on 02/22/05 13:20 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Great car with many extras for not much money! Lowered suspension, 18" BBS rims, high performance tires, Recaro seats, 1.8 Turbo, Tiptronic auto, Monsoon sound system, great styling! This car gets looks and comments wherever I go (Lagoon Blue) and costs about 9K less than a BMW 3 series sedan. One thing is that it takes premium fuel, and gas mileage isn't that great around town, averaging about 18 mpg. That can get expensive fast with the price of gas.

Best car I have every had
By james w on 02/18/05 09:44 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

By far my Jetta is the best I have ever owned-and I have had 7 different cars in 12 years!! This one is for keeps! It is so comfortable on road trips and with a 1.8Turbo and manual transmission - this car has an incredible amount of pickup and speed! The heated seats and the steering wheel mounted radio controls are the best things ever invented.

2005 Jetta
By SpecialJohnny on 02/18/05 00:09 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The brakes are very loud. My brakes have made noise from almost day one. The stealership has not replaced or done anything. I hand wash the wheels and car and the problem is with brake dust. Other than that good car to drive. Nice performance. So the first mod should be new aftermarket brake pads and forget trying to get VW to do something.

Don't buy a Volkswagen
By briang on 02/17/05 12:10 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had my Volkswagen Jetta a year now and it is the worst vehicle that I have ever owned. I am constantly at the shop spending money and Volkswagen does not help with the repairs at all, even though they should. I will never buy a car from Volkswagen again. My advice is buy from another manufacturer. Everything from the stereo, the moonroof, the center counsel, the cup holders, the starter, the windows, ingition coil, the break lights, and the transmission breaks. And thats not all. Don't buy a Volkswagen... You will regret it 10 fold. You would be better off with the Accord. Don't say I didn't warn you.