2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
One fine auto...
By VDubBub on 04/11/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is now my second consecutive Jetta and I love this one even more than my first. The interior is flawless: from the svelte aluminum accents around the gauges to the totally killer Recaro racing seats--I'm in love! The car is relatively quick, and very responsive. However, the car lacks upper end torque. When doing 60 mph in my VR6, a slight pump on the gas would send me sailing above 80; the same is not true with this 1.8T. Don't get me wrong, off the gate this car would blow the socks off of my old car, but it definitely lacks the get-up-and-go at higher speeds. Aside from that, I have never been happier with a vehicle.

My new car
By Chris on 04/10/05 12:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just bought this car and think it is supurb. Great car for the price and much improved over the 2002 Jetta. This is my second Volkswagon and I feel I made a great choice. It is fun, stylish, gets great gas mileage and has nice safety features.

teenagers are out of it
By eric on 04/09/05 17:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Before the Volkswagen Jetta had more fun and excitement for teenagers but now its like a family sedans so I am not too thrilled of the new arival of this sedan. Although I must say that its a really good fuel economy vehicle and its interior design is nice. The exterior design doesn't make me feel very excited. Overall the Jetta is an OK car and they should work now on bringing back the teenage theme back in the Jetta. It can be better I think quality-wise.

Solid Feel, Fun & Stingy on the Fuel
By qazman on 04/09/05 16:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I purchased the 5 speed GLS TDI wagon after loads of research on reliability, durability and fuel economy. I wanted the wagon for extra cargo, plants, mulch bags, etc. A "compact" wagon, has design compromises, like back seat leg room. The Passat wagon is larger, but I like a small wagon. This little guy is made in Germany & it shows in fit & finish, saftey, performance and diesel technology. I'm having loads of fun driving it. It looks like a SUV, not as tall. So far, not a single defect. The exterior and interior are flawless & the ride is super: handles bumps great, rides quiet and super solid. I think VW only sells 3% TDI's. Best kept secret on the road!!

Love This Car
By Deb on 04/05/05 11:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've never had so much fun driving a car. It is awesome. I wasn't excited about getting a Jetta but when the salesman convinced me to test drive it at the dealership I fell in love. We also own an audi A-4 quattro and the turbo jetta's performance is better. I've had no problems other than the rear brakes squeaking when I back up sometimes.

Yes, Almost Grown UP
By Mary on 04/04/05 16:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have owned VW's for the past 36 years (Bug, Rabbit, Jetta, Passats, 11 all told) and the NEW 2.5l, 5 cyclinder is the most fun yet. Had the GLX-Jetta five years previously and the 2.5 has many more accutrements and handles better.

One of the best cars to own!
By Raynmann on 04/04/05 12:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This car is the second of my 2 volkswagen Jetta TDI wagons. I have had no problems with this car so far and expect none. This car comes with a 12 year no rust through guarantee. In MN that is huge!! It means no need to buy another vehicle due to having a rust bucket. The diesel engine will run at least 10 years at the annual mileage before having significant maintenance. VW is approving the use of Biodiesel in their engines, so I can have a more environment friendly automobile.

The new Jetta is AMAZING
By VW Aficionado on 03/27/05 21:16 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Great job VW on the new 2005.5 Jetta! An amazing, bigger and better car than the last! My 5th VW and by far the best. No more premium gas for the 1.8T! Under the hood the new Jetta have the 2.5 liter inline 5 cylinder engine that takes regular gas and produces 150 hp and 170 lbs of torque is just enough for just about anyone. Any VW lover notices many new and different looks to it but its just a preview for the future of Volkswagen. Drivers Wanted!

Excellent Car
By Andy on 03/27/05 07:23 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

After driving around a '98 Camry (smooth ride) it took a while for me to adjust to the 2005 Jetta which is stiffer - but more fun to drive. The car handles really well. You can feel the turbo kick in around 2,000 and the powerband keeps up until about 2,700. The interior quality is nicer then all the small cars I've been in (Civic, Corolla, Focus) and the layout is straightforward. I currently live in Germany (although the car is American spec, bought in the U.S.) and the car handles very well on the autobahn at speeds of 90 - 110 mph. 90 mph = 3,000rpm. Sharp looking car!

New Jetta is a keeper
By Q on 03/25/05 22:46 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Just got a new Jetta and the ride and performance of the car are in my opinion better than the Volvo S40. The interior is well designed and spacious for a small car. I love that 6 speed automatic with triptronic and sport shift.