Used 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

More than pleased with my New Jetta TDI
By Yves Blanchet

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I love to drive my Volkswagen Jetta TDI. It is quiet, yet we can feel the road. The interior is beautiful and practical and uses only quality materials. The trip computer is a real pleasure. I liked my previous car which was a Mercedes-Benz C240, however this Jetta TDI takes the crown. I do not know why I would pay more when I have it all with this Jetta at $24,000. I have driven it over 7,000 miles in five months and my average fuel economy is 49.6 mpg so far (yes almost fifty!).

I love the driving experience, the classy interior, and the fuel economy.

The rear window is fairly small and makes it difficult to back up.

Love my Jetta 2005.5!
By Linda

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have had my 2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 for six months, it is always ready to go when I am. It is very confortable and very responsive on the highway.

I love the heated seats, auto windshield wipers, leather seats, and sunroof.

I can't think of any!

Whats with all the Noises?
By Sunny

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Overall I love my new Jetta, but have found there are some major problems with noise. First of all the wind noise when you get to 45 mph or over is horrible. Luckily I have the XM radio to drown out the noise but now I am hearing a clicking noise from the dash area? This coupled with the horrible noise at start up has me wishing I had waited another year. People look at me when I start the car up and have said "is something grinding in there?" I am disappointed considering how much I paid for a new car!

The XM radio, moonroof and leather interior.

Cut down on some of the noises. You have this beautiful luxury vehicle and you sound like you are driving an old beater.

No Regrets
By kaigoss69

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought this car as a family car (2 adults, 2 young kids) to replace our Honda Pilot. I must say I was very leary about getting rid of the bigger Pilot, mainly because of the loss in cabin and trunk space, but I have been pleasantly surprised by the amount of trunk space the Jetta offers, and interior space, especially in the back seat, is sufficient for our needs. The 2005 model offers a lot of "bells and whistles" standard that do not come standard in the 2006 model, and that's the main reason I went with an '05. The interior design and build quality are superb. The car is built like a rock. The ride is nice and sporty, acceleration is decent. Gas mileage is 20 C / 32 H after 700 miles.

The trip computer with instantaneous MPG. Compass. Heated seats. Leatherette seats. 6-Disc CD changer with MP3.

Fix the engine noise. Add an ID3 Tag display on the radio.

Great Car!
By Farah

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New Value Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I love driving this car! I've had older Toyota Camrys and a Honda Accord...and my 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Value Edition feels so much more powerful. Also, it looks really nice.

MP3 compatible basic cCDplayer. The wipers slow down when you come to a stop light. HUGE trunk.

The gas mileage in the city stinks! I get about 16-18 mpg. The engine is pretty loud when I first start it. The headlights don't automatically turn off if you forget to turn them off.