2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
I'm All for It
By MICHELLE HARTER on 05/04/05 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

When I saw pictures of the new Jetta i was not impressed at all but when it got to my local dealership this car was my salesman introduced this car to me I fell in love instantly and I traded in my old Jetta (2003) that day. I'm glad that the Jetta sort of grew up.

Cute, Peppy Car
By Derek Sutherland on 05/02/05 15:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The new Jetta's engine is more peppy than the previous one, but could always use more power. With the transmission in "sport" mode, or in Tiptronic, the power was fine. Interior design is genius, and the outside is attractive, especially in black with that chrome grill.

big improvement
By athanx4 on 05/01/05 19:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I was surprised at the quiet ride and the suspension absorbs bumps with no problem. Best steering feel I've experienced--just the right road feel.

Great car!
By Josh on 04/30/05 23:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Jetta! It has tons of great options, great quality, and great fuel economy. It drives like a much more expensive vehicle. Great safety and convience features.

My 4th and so far the best VW
By Erik on 04/24/05 23:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my 05 Jetta I am one of those people who just love VW this is my 4th one I absolutely love it though it is only 7 inches longer and 1 3/4 inches taller and 3 inches wider it feels huge I love the features such as the dual climate control, rear seat vents, new armrest in back seat. Would you believe from 2 cupholders to 6? Wow, satellite radio which I love. This is truly a smooth riding comfortable car. Go VW!

Best car on the Road by far
By Volkswagen Dream on 04/22/05 23:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Ii love my Jetta GLI I wouldn't go with anything else. The handling and the looks of this car is worth every bit of the price tag. The new GLI 05 1/2 will be even better but I just love the look of the 05.

Awesome Car
By Max on 04/15/05 17:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car is great. It has every feature imaginable. For around 25 thousand, you can get an amazing car, around 10 times better than any Nissan. Safety is good. It has 8 airbags, which are depowered and they turn off if very light people are sitting in the front seats. Reinforced metal bars in the doors. Fast and you do not feel the gears changing. GREAATTT CAR!!!!

One fine auto...
By VDubBub on 04/11/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is now my second consecutive Jetta and I love this one even more than my first. The interior is flawless: from the svelte aluminum accents around the gauges to the totally killer Recaro racing seats--I'm in love! The car is relatively quick, and very responsive. However, the car lacks upper end torque. When doing 60 mph in my VR6, a slight pump on the gas would send me sailing above 80; the same is not true with this 1.8T. Don't get me wrong, off the gate this car would blow the socks off of my old car, but it definitely lacks the get-up-and-go at higher speeds. Aside from that, I have never been happier with a vehicle.

My new car
By Chris on 04/10/05 12:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just bought this car and think it is supurb. Great car for the price and much improved over the 2002 Jetta. This is my second Volkswagon and I feel I made a great choice. It is fun, stylish, gets great gas mileage and has nice safety features.

teenagers are out of it
By eric on 04/09/05 17:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Before the Volkswagen Jetta had more fun and excitement for teenagers but now its like a family sedans so I am not too thrilled of the new arival of this sedan. Although I must say that its a really good fuel economy vehicle and its interior design is nice. The exterior design doesn't make me feel very excited. Overall the Jetta is an OK car and they should work now on bringing back the teenage theme back in the Jetta. It can be better I think quality-wise.