2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
The new Jetta is AMAZING
By VW Aficionado on 03/27/05 21:16 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Great job VW on the new 2005.5 Jetta! An amazing, bigger and better car than the last! My 5th VW and by far the best. No more premium gas for the 1.8T! Under the hood the new Jetta have the 2.5 liter inline 5 cylinder engine that takes regular gas and produces 150 hp and 170 lbs of torque is just enough for just about anyone. Any VW lover notices many new and different looks to it but its just a preview for the future of Volkswagen. Drivers Wanted!

New Jetta is a keeper
By Q on 03/25/05 22:46 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Just got a new Jetta and the ride and performance of the car are in my opinion better than the Volvo S40. The interior is well designed and spacious for a small car. I love that 6 speed automatic with triptronic and sport shift.

AutoBahn quality
By Johnny on 03/22/05 00:51 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Very satisfied and wild on the car. Almost like sports luxury when you drive it. Needs a bit more performance but has alot of potential and style.

Love it more every day
By Memoryride on 03/16/05 09:03 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned trucks my whole life. I have never driven a more tuned car then the Jetta. Wish I would have gotten the 6 speed but needed the automatic. It handles like a dream and has all the power you need. If you need more this engine can do it. Out of all the cars out there, Volkswagen has really set the bar. Make sure you look at all the little details. It will blow you away!!

Fun car ! Looks nice...
By Steve on 02/22/05 13:20 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Great car with many extras for not much money! Lowered suspension, 18" BBS rims, high performance tires, Recaro seats, 1.8 Turbo, Tiptronic auto, Monsoon sound system, great styling! This car gets looks and comments wherever I go (Lagoon Blue) and costs about 9K less than a BMW 3 series sedan. One thing is that it takes premium fuel, and gas mileage isn't that great around town, averaging about 18 mpg. That can get expensive fast with the price of gas.

Best car I have every had
By james w on 02/18/05 09:44 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

By far my Jetta is the best I have ever owned-and I have had 7 different cars in 12 years!! This one is for keeps! It is so comfortable on road trips and with a 1.8Turbo and manual transmission - this car has an incredible amount of pickup and speed! The heated seats and the steering wheel mounted radio controls are the best things ever invented.

2005 Jetta
By SpecialJohnny on 02/18/05 00:09 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The brakes are very loud. My brakes have made noise from almost day one. The stealership has not replaced or done anything. I hand wash the wheels and car and the problem is with brake dust. Other than that good car to drive. Nice performance. So the first mod should be new aftermarket brake pads and forget trying to get VW to do something.

Don't buy a Volkswagen
By briang on 02/17/05 12:10 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had my Volkswagen Jetta a year now and it is the worst vehicle that I have ever owned. I am constantly at the shop spending money and Volkswagen does not help with the repairs at all, even though they should. I will never buy a car from Volkswagen again. My advice is buy from another manufacturer. Everything from the stereo, the moonroof, the center counsel, the cup holders, the starter, the windows, ingition coil, the break lights, and the transmission breaks. And thats not all. Don't buy a Volkswagen... You will regret it 10 fold. You would be better off with the Accord. Don't say I didn't warn you.

excellent
By jc on 02/08/05 15:14 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I actually had not reviewed this vehicle before i bought it! I just fell in love with it as soon as i saw it. It's fast and the panels are beefier than the original standard Jetta. I bought the car without even driving it! Just knowing it had a 1.8 Turbo 6spd Manual was enough to seal the deal. It is everything i wanted in a car, And i strongly suggest buying one!

My 2005 Jetta GTI 1.8T
By Mike on 01/29/05 12:00 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my new Jetta. It handles great on the highway and on city streets.