Used 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 160 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Nothin' Betta than a Jetta
By Darryl

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I love everything about this car. It handles great and has outstanding acceleration when you need it. It has a very comfortable ride and is very fun to drive.

I like the auto lights and windshield wipers. Set them and forget them.

Give it more horsepower. You really don't need it but comparing to other vehicles like the Honda Accord, imagine this car with those horses!

Stay Away
By John

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This 2.5 Jetta is the tenth VW we've owned in fifteen years. It is junk. The transmission skips, it will not engage in drive or reverse properly, and there is a dangerous lapse when taking off from a slow down. The rain sensor wipers are terrible. They sometimes wipe when the windshield is dry or won't wipe at all in a downpour. On continuous wipe they go into intermittent (this car does not have it). The climatronic is screwed up. The a/c comes on by itself when temp is set at 70 and it won't turn off. I have been to two dealers and VW service cannot fix anything. The VW area rep has refused to do anymore warranty service. I am filing lemon law and VW is fighting it. I will never buy VW again.

None at this point.

Never buy another VW.

Terrible Car - Will Never Buy One Again
By Della

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought my 2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 the first day it was available in Texas - Huge mistake! My car has been in the shop 5 times in 9 months, and the worst thing about it is that I am still having problems. The sunroof has broken twice. The speakers rattle terribly! They have already been fixed once, but I still have the problem. There is a clicking in the dashboard that they supposively fixed (still there). It is an automatic, but I can feel my transmission stick as it goes from gear to gear. The clock doesn't keep accurate time. They were unable to fix either of these problems. When I start the car, it is extremely loud! I am a first time VW buyer, and I can guarantee that I will never buy another!

I like the 6 CD disk changer and the look of the interior.

Everything I mentioned above. Too many problems!

I Love It!
By tfs

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the seventh VW I have owned in my life and it has been the best handling, and most fun to drive of the lot of them. The seat, 6 speed gear box and 18" tires make it a blast to drive in the tight twisty country roads here in Wisconsin. I did get a second set of tires for the long winter months here and it still handles the road fine.

The six speed transmission and the performance 18" tires make this a great handling car.

The stereo could use more power and deeper bass. I'd like to have heated seats and the rear leg room is very limited.

My Third Jetta
By bonnie

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just traded in my Jetta for the new 2005 Jetta. I love this car! I have owned a 2000 TDI and a 2005 Jetta. What an upgrade from the previous vehicles.

The heated seats and CD changer.

There is always room for better fuel efficiency.