2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Cute, Peppy Car
By Derek Sutherland on 05/02/05 15:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The new Jetta's engine is more peppy than the previous one, but could always use more power. With the transmission in "sport" mode, or in Tiptronic, the power was fine. Interior design is genius, and the outside is attractive, especially in black with that chrome grill.

big improvement
By athanx4 on 05/01/05 19:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I was surprised at the quiet ride and the suspension absorbs bumps with no problem. Best steering feel I've experienced--just the right road feel.

Great car!
By Josh on 04/30/05 23:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Jetta! It has tons of great options, great quality, and great fuel economy. It drives like a much more expensive vehicle. Great safety and convience features.

My 4th and so far the best VW
By Erik on 04/24/05 23:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my 05 Jetta I am one of those people who just love VW this is my 4th one I absolutely love it though it is only 7 inches longer and 1 3/4 inches taller and 3 inches wider it feels huge I love the features such as the dual climate control, rear seat vents, new armrest in back seat. Would you believe from 2 cupholders to 6? Wow, satellite radio which I love. This is truly a smooth riding comfortable car. Go VW!

Best car on the Road by far
By Volkswagen Dream on 04/22/05 23:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Ii love my Jetta GLI I wouldn't go with anything else. The handling and the looks of this car is worth every bit of the price tag. The new GLI 05 1/2 will be even better but I just love the look of the 05.

Awesome Car
By Max on 04/15/05 17:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car is great. It has every feature imaginable. For around 25 thousand, you can get an amazing car, around 10 times better than any Nissan. Safety is good. It has 8 airbags, which are depowered and they turn off if very light people are sitting in the front seats. Reinforced metal bars in the doors. Fast and you do not feel the gears changing. GREAATTT CAR!!!!

One fine auto...
By VDubBub on 04/11/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is now my second consecutive Jetta and I love this one even more than my first. The interior is flawless: from the svelte aluminum accents around the gauges to the totally killer Recaro racing seats--I'm in love! The car is relatively quick, and very responsive. However, the car lacks upper end torque. When doing 60 mph in my VR6, a slight pump on the gas would send me sailing above 80; the same is not true with this 1.8T. Don't get me wrong, off the gate this car would blow the socks off of my old car, but it definitely lacks the get-up-and-go at higher speeds. Aside from that, I have never been happier with a vehicle.

My new car
By Chris on 04/10/05 12:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just bought this car and think it is supurb. Great car for the price and much improved over the 2002 Jetta. This is my second Volkswagon and I feel I made a great choice. It is fun, stylish, gets great gas mileage and has nice safety features.

Love This Car
By Deb on 04/05/05 11:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've never had so much fun driving a car. It is awesome. I wasn't excited about getting a Jetta but when the salesman convinced me to test drive it at the dealership I fell in love. We also own an audi A-4 quattro and the turbo jetta's performance is better. I've had no problems other than the rear brakes squeaking when I back up sometimes.

Yes, Almost Grown UP
By Mary on 04/04/05 16:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have owned VW's for the past 36 years (Bug, Rabbit, Jetta, Passats, 11 all told) and the NEW 2.5l, 5 cyclinder is the most fun yet. Had the GLX-Jetta five years previously and the 2.5 has many more accutrements and handles better.