2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Fun To Drive, Feature Loaded
By Mike T. on 05/21/05 19:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Having owned the New Jetta for a month now, I've had time to learn all the little features packed into this car. I am really impressed with acceleration. Pressing your foot on the gas the car accelerates from 0 to 40 in a heartbeat. Road grip is amazing (as is overall handling). The care easily handles double the speed limit around curves without body roll or protestation from the tires (ie. a local interchange between two highways has a 25 mph limit and the Jetta easily handles it at 50.) Lots of little convenience features have you discovering something new for weeks. I'd be surprised if a sales rep covered 25% of them.

Unable to resolve problems
By Unhappy on 05/20/05 21:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

All new cars may have problems but, it is how the dealership and company handle these problems that show the mark of true concern for the consumer. I own a 2005 Jetta GLI which has been in the shop seven times in less than 7,000 miles and the problem is still unresolved. The Volkswagen of America claims the problem belongs to the dearship and the dealership state the problem belongs to the company. The only communication available to the consumer is a customer representive who regardless of the customer's comments relies strictly on what is stated by the service manager. The service manager is basically in charge of all problems involving Volkwagen products.

2005 GLI 1.8 Turbo
By SYN on 05/19/05 21:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

With all the hype about the new Jettta released mid year people have skipped right past the GLI 1.8T. Its hard to find any info on it. I love this car it flys! It stops on a dime and I get looks everywhere I go in it!

Overall a very good economy car
By Erin C on 05/18/05 15:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Jetta is a great car. The base model doesn't have a ton of power, but it will get out of its own way for sure. The front seats are comfortable for a small car. The back seat is very tight. Kids and small adults fit fine, anyone larger will have a hard time. The automatic trunk release is a nice feature also. The cruise control works great and isn't 'jerky' like some vehicles. There is some road noise when driving but the great monsoon stereo will cover that up. There should be more pockets or storage areas in the Jetta, the cup holders are placed in a weird spot and are not very convenient, but there are 3 in the middle and two more in the glove box (not sure why).

Regret it
By slm on 05/17/05 14:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

A nice car but a week later I really regret not buying the Mazda3 sedan we looked at. The Mazda was more fun to drive, bigger inside and a lot less money! I definitely know what I will be trading my Jetta for as soon as I can. The Jetta is nice but not worth the price.

New Jetta in Orlando
By Jeff In Orlando on 05/15/05 11:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This New Jetta is awesome. Performance is unbelievable. Its German design is unique and pleasant to the eye.

Nice Car
By Tom on 05/15/05 04:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just bought this car today and had to write in. I really love it. The interior looks and feels like an Audi. More expensive now but I think it is worth it. Will write in again after a few months have gone by tell let everyone know what I still think.

I'm All for It
By MICHELLE HARTER on 05/04/05 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

When I saw pictures of the new Jetta i was not impressed at all but when it got to my local dealership this car was my salesman introduced this car to me I fell in love instantly and I traded in my old Jetta (2003) that day. I'm glad that the Jetta sort of grew up.

Cute, Peppy Car
By Derek Sutherland on 05/02/05 15:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The new Jetta's engine is more peppy than the previous one, but could always use more power. With the transmission in "sport" mode, or in Tiptronic, the power was fine. Interior design is genius, and the outside is attractive, especially in black with that chrome grill.

big improvement
By athanx4 on 05/01/05 19:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I was surprised at the quiet ride and the suspension absorbs bumps with no problem. Best steering feel I've experienced--just the right road feel.