Used 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

A Blast to Drive!
By Larabean

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just love this little car. I have one in "spice red" and always get complements on how good looking it is. It's a beauty. What's better is it is a blast to drive! I have owned Hondas (a Civic and an Accord) in the past and this car is more solid, peppy, quiet and just plain more fun to drive. It has nice little added features like the doors lock automatically when you start to drive and the interior lights gently fade off when all the doors are closed. The interior is blanketed with airbags in the front and sides. And the sound system is fantastic. My only complaint is that the trunk door is hard to open and close (stiff/heavy). I highly recommend this car!

Favorite Features

The stylish interior, exterior chrome accents, side airbags standard, great sound system, solid construction.

Suggested Improvements

The trunk lid difficult to open/close. A little more back seat foot room would be nice.

Jetta GLI
By jason

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great looking car sits low to the ground, so you have to be careful. It needs a short shifter and there is not much leg room in the back. The wheel well liners rip easy though. Overall, this has been a great car so far.

Favorite Features

The seats, blue odometer display, overall interior. the body design is awesome, the seats are great, and the wheels are great.

Suggested Improvements

It sits low to the ground, there is not much clearance. The rear seat leg room is bad.

Recaro sSeats Look Good, but...
By Goldie

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is great. It's fun to drive, it looks good, and it's not too expensive. But seriously...those front seats are just way too narrow. I'm not abnormally huge, but I just can't stand sitting in them for more than an hour or so. And the backs seats are made for toddlers. They have no leg room at all. Everything else is cool. The Tiptronic transmission shifts well, the features and controls are great. The trunk is huge, and nothing has really gone wrong. The only other complaints I have would be the low front clearance (I scrape it on everything) and the low profile tires. A crack in the road in Houston blew out two tires and dented the rims. Oops. All in all, though, this is a great Volkswagen.

Favorite Features

The sporty look (wheels, body kit), sunroof, and electronics.

Suggested Improvements

Add more padding in the seat bolsters, more rear legroom at the expense of trunk space, more power, and give it better gas mileage (contradictory? I think not).

Love my Jetta
By VW Jetta Lvr

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have now owned my Jetta for over a year now and have absolutely loved every single minute of owning it AND driving it! I waiting until the body style changed in 2005 to purchase the Jetta since I felt the other style was a little small. The handling is wonderful, the ride is smooth, and I love all of the little extras the VW has put in the car to play with!

Favorite Features

I love the dual climate controls, the leather, and the automatic rain-sensing wipers are probably my most favorite! VW pretty much thinks of everything!

Suggested Improvements

I really can't think of anything that I would improve on with this car. I have waited over three years to buy a VW and now that I own one, I most likely will never switch to another car.

Great Car
By John

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has excellent handling, great fuel economy, and is a real blast on twisty roads. The Goodyear tires are great in the wet and dry. The only problem with the summer tires is the need for winter tires and rims. The ride is a little stiff but well worth it when you want to play boy racer. Overall this is an excellent car.

Favorite Features

The handling, tires, and transmission.