2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Love it...
By mtbikercs18 on 06/14/05 16:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The new jetta is such a great car... I just traded in a 2001 1.8t Beatle for it. And i LOVED that car as well. The new style takes a little getting uesd to but the interior is sooo worth it. Over all i give ths car a 9.2... i love it....

Very nice!
By Jaidev on 06/14/05 00:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2001.5 V6 Passat for this car. Excellent build quality. Fun to drive. The tiptronic 6 speed transmission is a marvel of modern engineering. It works better than the manual transmission on my Passat. Fuel economy is also great for a 5 cyl. car. There is no difference in mileage between the manual and the automatic with tiptronic. Although from certain angles it does resemble the Corolla a little bit, if you see it from the front, there is no mistaking the chrome grille.

I love this car!
By Will Smithhart on 06/13/05 21:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am thrilled with my 6-speed manual Jetta GLI. The only negatives I can think of are the lack of a center console and the very short first gear that almost makes you want to start out in second. However, it is without a doubt the most fun driving experience I have ever had in any car, and I love hearing the turbo whistle after 2000 rpms. it looks awesome with the ground effects, 18-inch rims, and Recaro racing seats-all of which come stock with the GLI. The clutch is extremely smooth, the breaks are perfect, good air conditioning and easy-to use controls, and an excellent stereo system. I would definitely suggest this vehicle to anyone who wants a good blend between power and practicality.

The last of a dying breed...
By Mike on 06/13/05 12:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Good overall vehicle. Decent gas mileage, plenty of available power, smooth opertation. It's a heavy car that needs more power to compensate.

Love It!!!!!
By wallerdawg on 06/12/05 11:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I'm LOVIN the new Jetta!!! I used to have a 2000 Jetta and I loved it for me, but my passengers hated being cramped. The 2005 Jetta is AWESOME!!! I was able to pile 3 adults in the back seat and they weren't too cramped! I was shocked!!! The transmission is great! I love the sports setting! I didn't like the faux wood trim in the top of the line Jetta and didn't want the satellite radio.

3rd jetta
By doc on 06/05/05 20:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

my third. had a gen 3 and 4. traded the 4 for the gen 5. wanna turbo it later. a little on the slow side for me. but it keeps up with normal cars. sounds system would rock if my door panels didnt rattle with it hahah. only problom i have seen. love the car.

The Best Jetta EVER!
By Jason on 06/03/05 13:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car is absolutely the best Jetta ever built. This is my 2nd Jetta owned and it won't be my last. The gas milage is great. 27 in the city and 33 on the highway. The new body style also gives the car the room it needs in the back seat. Plus, probably the best feature, this car just got named the safest car on the road right now. It aced the side impact crash tests! Overall the car fits me and my family perfectly!

I was BAMBOOZLED!
By jajackson on 06/01/05 12:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am a very unsatisfied customer! I would not advise anyone to purchase this vehicle! The window sticker implies that the gas mileage is 26 city and 36 hwy. This is not true! I'm lucky if I get 11 miles city and 15 hwy. Don't be fooled. The breaks on this vehicle are second rate. They squeal very loudly when the car is being backed up. When I took the car in for evaluation on both these two things, I was told that 1. Gas mileage depends on "how I drive"...and about the breaks, I was told that "there is nothing that we can to about the breaks squealing and that I would just have to live with it. Disk breaks will do that because of some element". Just say no to VW.

Good car
By jenn on 05/27/05 12:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I love the style and feel of this car. It's very fun to drive and speedy. The only thing I'm not crazy about is how noisy it is at first starting the car. It's much roomier then the old version with an upgraded sound sytem... I love it.

My Jetta
By Samantha on 05/27/05 10:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Over all I love my New Jetta. It drives great with lots of pick-up. I have fun driving it. the interior is awesome and it makes driving at night fun with the red and blue vw lights.