05 jetta in the desert
By joshkellerpa on
2005 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
I own an 05 VW jetta GL and a 05 vw bug. I dont know about later years or earlyer. But on my 05 jetta the crank pully has snaped off on its own. We have had to replace the water pump EVERY SUMMER.(hot weather area). I have gotten it replaced at a VW dealership for the majority. Now why did they never recomend to get the metal impeler? Why hasnt this model of water pump been recalled? We have gotten our engine rebuilt 2 times for a grand total of $10,000+. 1 of these engines was rebuilt at a VW dealershit. THEY LEFT SOME KIND OF AIR PUMP ON MY ENGINE. told me to bad thats were it goes. the second time by beatle barn las vegas and they gave me my car back in worse condition then b4 it blew.
Favorite Features
VW makes a bunch of poorly enginered cars and aparently wants there to be parts that break long b4 they should.
Suggested Improvements
(jetta) Recall the entire car it is very poorly designed, and very poorly built. They have plastic part in crucial areas that are exsposed to extreme heat and melt and break. VW bug hasa been entirely replaced 1 time. Transsmision rebuilt 1 time. and engine rebuilt 1 time.