Used 2005 Volkswagen Jetta GL Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Awful Car!
By ashley

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

These cars are so cute! I've had mine for a short time and bought it brand new, yes BRAND NEW and have already spent over $4,000 in repairs for stupid problems....not to mention they dont tell you...this car is not a German car...but in fact made in Mexico! It has terrible build quality. Oh yeah, and you need to put oil in it once a week unless you want the engine to blow, it EATS up oil !

Favorite Features

I love the exterior, the car is so cute! and it also handles very well! and is safe besides the fact that it can break down at any moment!

Suggested Improvements

Hmmm well Volkswagon NEEDS a lot of improvments.....such as....less oil consumption, fewer recalls, etc too many to list...I would not recommend a Volkswagon Jetta to anyone.

teenagers are out of it
By eric

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Before the Volkswagen Jetta had more fun and excitement for teenagers but now its like a family sedans so I am not too thrilled of the new arival of this sedan. Although I must say that its a really good fuel economy vehicle and its interior design is nice. The exterior design doesn't make me feel very excited. Overall the Jetta is an OK car and they should work now on bringing back the teenage theme back in the Jetta. It can be better I think quality-wise.

Favorite Features

My favorite part of the Jetta is the interior radio lighting and the lighting of the dash board.

Suggested Improvements

Work on the quality and bring back the teenage theme. This car is too sedan for family and now you are going to lose a lot of teenager clients that love this vehicle.