2005 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Not as good as I thought
By Vdub on 03/03/09 14:03 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have loved my Jetta until today. All of sudden, I was stuck in the middle of the road because my car would not go into gear (manual transmission). I have read many complaints on the National Highway and Safety website of other owners complaining of the same problem and VW who will not take responsibility. My warranty was up less than 1000 miles ago. My car has only been driven 50,000 miles. I should not be having problems with it so soon. It is costly to fix and I am very upset. I had planned on upgrading to a Passat in 2 years because I was so happy with the Jetta, but I don't think I will.

Lovin the Wagon
By dmill on 12/18/05 00:53 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon is fun to drive and comfortable. I have not had any problems with it. Its smooth ride is excellent on long trips.

Wolfs (berg) in Lamb's Clothing
By A. Graham on 12/05/05 16:59 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

With 50+ years of snow country driving, mostly in FWD Saabs, I find the combination of traction and stability control amazing. I'll take it over any SUV - usually out run 'em anyway, especially when the road gets twisty. It can carry an impressive load and get 30 mpg on cruise at 74.5 mph (by GPS) on mid-grade fuel. Clearly, this is car built for the autobahn as well as the Alps. This is my 4th since '97 and nothing has broken yet - equals great value for the money.

Why buy anything else??
By TXwhitewater on 06/15/05 10:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Gobs of fun to drive! 40+ MPG. Holds a bunch of stuff. Very good fit & finish. Too soon to tell much about reliability... Only problem so far, I look down at the speedo, Hell! I'm doing 80 again... Really smooth, quiet for a Diesel.

Awful Car!
By ashley on 05/26/05 16:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

These cars are so cute! I've had mine for a short time and bought it brand new, yes BRAND NEW and have already spent over $4,000 in repairs for stupid problems....not to mention they dont tell you...this car is not a German car...but in fact made in Mexico! It has terrible build quality. Oh yeah, and you need to put oil in it once a week unless you want the engine to blow, it EATS up oil !

teenagers are out of it
By eric on 04/09/05 17:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Before the Volkswagen Jetta had more fun and excitement for teenagers but now its like a family sedans so I am not too thrilled of the new arival of this sedan. Although I must say that its a really good fuel economy vehicle and its interior design is nice. The exterior design doesn't make me feel very excited. Overall the Jetta is an OK car and they should work now on bringing back the teenage theme back in the Jetta. It can be better I think quality-wise.

Great performance, zero reliability
By yoli on 03/23/05 21:42 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Love it and hate it. Just name a few problems fixed on my Jetta 2002: - First week of ownership, rear passenger door couldnít open because cable fell down inside the door panel. - One piece radio got replaced three times. - Ignition coils replaced at four times. - Windshield wrapper loosened, ridiculous. - Now the front brake squeaks, I was told that there is no way to fix unless change the whole brake pads, disks, etc, I canít believe that. Ö