Used 2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Good basic car but
By Sam

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the sound system Monsoon. Good ride and mileage. Paint job is suspect. I have many chips on front of car and have never experienced this with any cars dating back many years. Especially concerning since previous cars were subjected to gravel roads and this has never been on gravel or dirt roads. Transmission problems necessitated valve replacement which was covered under warranty.

Favorite Features

Nice ride for small car and respectable mileage considering that it is quite peppy in its acceleration. Nice appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint job. Rear seat is quite cramped for adults.

A Blast to Drive!
By Larabean

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just love this little car. I have one in "spice red" and always get complements on how good looking it is. It's a beauty. What's better is it is a blast to drive! I have owned Hondas (a Civic and an Accord) in the past and this car is more solid, peppy, quiet and just plain more fun to drive. It has nice little added features like the doors lock automatically when you start to drive and the interior lights gently fade off when all the doors are closed. The interior is blanketed with airbags in the front and sides. And the sound system is fantastic. My only complaint is that the trunk door is hard to open and close (stiff/heavy). I highly recommend this car!

Favorite Features

The stylish interior, exterior chrome accents, side airbags standard, great sound system, solid construction.

Suggested Improvements

The trunk lid difficult to open/close. A little more back seat foot room would be nice.