Used 2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 PZEV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Jetta

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Most Helpful|
My Jetta
By sad to say

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 new in September. Since then, it has been in the shop for 37 days for cooling problems. I am getting rid of it, it can't be fixed. I really do love the car it's a shame.

Favorite Features

The whole package is really nice. I especially like the heated seats, coming home features, and lights under the mirror.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo has too much bass.

Love my Jetta
By VW Jetta Lvr

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have now owned my Jetta for over a year now and have absolutely loved every single minute of owning it AND driving it! I waiting until the body style changed in 2005 to purchase the Jetta since I felt the other style was a little small. The handling is wonderful, the ride is smooth, and I love all of the little extras the VW has put in the car to play with!

Favorite Features

I love the dual climate controls, the leather, and the automatic rain-sensing wipers are probably my most favorite! VW pretty much thinks of everything!

Suggested Improvements

I really can't think of anything that I would improve on with this car. I have waited over three years to buy a VW and now that I own one, I most likely will never switch to another car.

Midwest Jetta
By romeopeeler

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Overall a very satisfying little car. Yes, little. The backseat is for smaller children not good sized adults. I of course knew that going in but I was always going to be the driver and I wanted mileage. The diesel is surprisingly quick and the manual trans gearing is spaced just right. 46 to 50 MPG is normal and the ride rivals wifes A6 Audi! For anyone needing transportation plus a fun ride and tremendous mileage I suggest looking and driving a Jetta.

Great car!
By Andrew S

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My overall experience with my first VW is great. I travel for my job which means I'm in my car for 3-5 hours everyday. Being 6'2", the electric leather seats with memory is a wonderful feature and very comfortable. The pickup and fuel economy mix is perfect as I like to take the corners quick and use the cruise control for the highways. Good looks and solid VW engineering. Purchased in Dec 08 and this review written in Sept 09 it's been great.

Favorite Features

With the 'Special Package 2' it's rich with features. The 6 disc MP3 changer, sunroof, electric heated seats (great for the MN weather) are my favorite features.

Suggested Improvements

There isn't really much I could suggest. If I have to say anything the truck release gets stuck open in the cold weather (it is MN, so). Luckily I purchased the extended warranty which fixed the cooling fan and ignition issues. Since these were know issues, look out for these before you purchase.