2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Can be improved
By Walter on 11/19/07 15:19 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GL TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Have one ongoing problem, it's the road clearance under car, you will bottom out on road dips (not potholes) just thoses waves and dips that you cannot see. This has caused the dust panel behind front bumper to fall off. You will hit this panel entering and leaving driveways etc. There is just not enough clearance under car. I estimate the clearance under my Jetta to be approx. 2 to 3 inches at most. Is this legal? Local mecanic suggested that mybe Volkswagon might have stiffer front springs to lift car a little higher, will check soon. Good fuel economy but you lose a little of what you save from the pumps when you pay high, very high oil changes.

2005 VW Jetta Wagon GLS TDI
By joshdkatz on 01/09/06 16:52 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GL TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

First of all, my fuel economy is awesome. I have been getting upwards of 40 mpg in combined highway / city driving. It is generally very fun to drive. It has a very smooth and forgiving clutch and shifter. It has good pickup and can go pretty fast. I've had a few problems though. My window on my driver's side fell off the track and needed to be put back on. Thankfully it was covered under warranty. Now, I am developing some trouble with my speakers. But generally, this car is pretty nice.

Bill's jetta
By Bill on 02/09/05 18:42 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GL TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This is my second TDI Jetta, I also had a 2001 and my wife purchased a 2003. We have been very satisfied with the car, its performance and reliability. I had 60,000 miles on my other car when I sold it to a friend. This is a great car. If I were to improve it I would make the rear seat leg space larger and I would quiet the interior so you would not get as much road noise.

wagon kicks a__!
By Paul MacIntosh on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GL TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Great mileage and performance. I was suprized with the first test drive! It really has some kick. I would recomend the Leather Package...that I did not get!