Why buy a Honda Hybrid?
By pastoot on
2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)
It is truly amazing to me why Americans would buy a Honda Hybrid, which contains a very complicated system (Battery powered/gas powered) engine, has no power on the highway, and hardly reaches 70 mph. The VW diesel engine is known to run 200,000 miles, is very duriable, and has power to maintain highway speeds exceeding 80 mph. My TDI set at 80 mph on the highway, has a tach of a mere 2,500 rpm. It is not even sweating. America, you are missing the boat here. A VW TDI is built both engine- and body-wise to run circles around the hallowed Honda that every one seems to think is God's gift to fuel ecomony. Oh just one more thing, my VW can run on vegetable oil.
Favorite Features
My VW TDI fits me like a glove. The gas mileage is awesome, we average at least 40-46 mpg no matter what. I love that fact that I can keep up with the big boys on the freeway. I set the car at 80 mph and it cruises. Plus the car looks very classy and can get me into any country club I want. I love it!
Suggested Improvements
VW needs to advertise this care more! They have a wonderful product. I'd love to do a comercial for them. I have owned five different models. My father has owned 5 different models and my sister 2. My son was involed in a head on crash on the freeway and walked away, without a scratch. Thank you VW.