2004 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: I Miss the Good Ol' Days

2004 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I Miss the Good Ol' Days
By Ally on

2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Alright 2004 Jetta drivers... I see quite a bit of discrepancies in the reviews of this vehicle (or junker, lemon, superb car). Hmmm. Perhaps those of us who (ahem) drive the 2004 V-Dead/V-Dud received a similar factory model. Those rated this Jetta at 9 or 10; consider yourselves "the lucky ones." I owned a 1998 VW Wolfsburg Jetta prior to this 2004 lemon. I loved that 1998 with my heart and soul. Unfortunately I was rear ended and the car deemed "totaled." Now I am stuck with this. Wrought with problems between breaks, stalling, adjusters, recalls; heck I am getting a migraine thinking about it.

The radio/CD player. Man I love having a radio scanner on my steering wheel. Even better I receive more stations than any other vehicle owner. Furthermore the CD player reads virtually destroyed Compact Discs.

Don't get me started. VW should revamp the methods they use to construct cars... go back to the good ol' days of the nineties. Hey the cars were more eye-appealing and were of a higher quality.