VW's are lemons--just junk
By Tim on
2004 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
This car was a nightmare from Day One. Transmission problems have been the biggest single issue, and still having problems after spending thousands to fix. But many other problems too numerous to list, from replacing power steering pump and alternator to paint defects and low-profile plastic bumpers that pull off after barely touching a curb. This car only had 45K on it when tranny and alternator went out and we started having one mechanical breakdown after another. Seventy-five percent of my "ownership experience" has been watching this car bake in the sun broken down again in my driveway. Do not -- even if it sounds like the deal of a lifetime -- buy a VW!!!
Favorite Features
I liked the way the Jetta looked and test drove at the dealer, but that was the last time I liked anything about it. I HATE this car and dream at night about "accidentally" parking the piece of junk on freight train tracks! It would be joyous almost beyond description to watch it get blown to bits.
Suggested Improvements
The only improvements to the mechanical design flaws are a couple sticks of dynamite and a match. VW's employees should be rounded up with pitchforks and torches and put on trial for crimes against humanity for dumping this crap on unsuspecting consumers. I'll never again buy VW -- never, ever!