2004 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Piece of crap

2004 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

2004 Volkswagen Jetta GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

GL 1.8T Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic)

Piece of crap
By staffyowner on

2004 Volkswagen Jetta GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is nickel and dimeing me. If its not a wheel bearing, its a sensor, or its a headlight, or its a taillight, or its the headliner, or its the interior chipping and falling apart, or its the igntion coil failing. Yeah, as you can tell, I have been very disappointed in the VW Jetta. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY VOLKSWAGEN! And as far as EVERY ignition coil failing, and having repalced two out of pocket before they issued a recall for the last two...do not rely on VW of America making you whole. After spending over $250 in new plugs, coils and labor, they would only reimburse for $125. I will never buy VW again.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive and comfy in the front. Excellent stereo system. Gas mileage pretty good also.

Suggested Improvements

RECALL ALL OF THESE PIECES OF GARBAGE AND OFFER A FULL LOAN TRADE TOWARDS A DIFFERENT VEHICLE.
By medic_dude
on 01/29/12 21:21 PM (PST)

Come on, really? You are complaining about head lights & tail lights burning out? Sorry, that simply shows you know little about automotive in general. Light bulbs burn out in every car. My last 3 VW TDIs each had over 375,000 milts on them with no internal engine repair, original clutches, & exhaust before I donated themto Bart Starr's Raw Hide Ranch in Green Bay WI! And the people who buy them at auction call and ask me about the car 10,000 miles later. As far as I can tell, VW is better off if you don't buy one of their cars again.