2004 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Love and hate this car

2004 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Love and hate this car
By majorgeek21 on

2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car about 15 months ago and unfortunately it was one of the Jettas that was built in Mexico...so far in this year I've replaced the compressor ($620) the Temp compressor ($220) the compressor again which was under warranty, the timing belt and water pump ($650) and most recently Coolant fan ($260) not to mention the transmission is at the very start of going out. Its fun to drive and I'm sure the ones built in Germany are great but the ones built in Mexico have HORRIBLE reliability and now I'm trying to get rid of the POS. its eating my money in gas too! It doesn't get as good of gas mileage as it should...If you want one make SURE it was built in Germany!!!

Favorite Features

Interior is great, comfortable and I love the dash lights, they're blue and red and leather seats, love the sun roof it slides and pops open. Its fast and picks up speed very nicely, it has a ton of trunk room. The sound system it came with is awesome and has a ton of bass and comes with CD and Cassette player. It's heavy so does great in snow and would do amazing in an accident, it can tow and looks great! Look is sexy

Suggested Improvements

Its eating my money from repairs, the reliability TANKS, it wasn't even really built in Germany like Volkswagen brags it is, when the AC is on the power is virtually gone, there isn't enough cabin room for people to sit in the back very comfortably if they're tall or on the bigger side, it isn't entirely the best on gas, AC isn't as cold as it should be even after a charge.