2004 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Jetta has it all....except rel

2004 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Jetta has it all....except reliability
By jxm461 on

2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle brand new after previously owning a 97 Jetta. It was my first new car and I researched my purchase extensively. I really like the value of it while having a better look than similar cars in its class. I've owned it for 7 years now and as much as i want to say it's a great car, i simply cannot recommend it. I've come to realize that it's simply not a well build machine. The water pump went after 4.5 years b/c the impellers are made of plastic!. Fuel pump went, various recurring electrical problems and now my cd player went. It comes and goes so i figured i'd tough it out and now, the AM and FM stereo are going. Currently looking and will not be buying a VW :(

Fun to drive Comfortable - especially on long drives Good gas mileage Nice "look" to it Many features standard

Build a better car! Use better parts, fix the well documented electrical problems, and provide recalls for issues that are clearly manufacturer problems.