I bought a second Jetta hoping it would be a better vehicle
By phreakymike on
2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)
I was under the assumption that these jettas were more reliable than a regular JDM car that had high KM. Problem with this thinking is, you don't think about the wear and tear on all the other parts OTHER than the Diesel engine. I've owned two TDI Jettas for approx 2 years each, both had P0401 Check Engine code for EGR Valve. This was incredibly annoying. I've also had the famous clicking dash from my turn signal, the car interior creaks and clicks, drove me absolutely insane. Incredible frusturating. 12 year perforation warranty is great, I received a new fender and trunk before I sold my jetta, These hold their value very well.. but I don't want to buy anymore of these TDIs
Favorite Features
Nice interior for the age, very good German quality feel. Key fob is not two piece and flips out nicely. Amazing mileage per tank, hold retail value very well, even with a lot of KM on the engine. PLENTY of repair how-to's on the MK4 models (99-05).
Suggested Improvements
More leg room in the rear. I'm not all tall person but I would always have to move my seat up to accommodate rear passengers. Remove EGR valve or make it accessible! This was the #1 issue for my CELs...
By varigeo
on 11/21/13 14:28 PM (PST)

You do realize that a TDI or any diesel for that matter does not have spark plugs or coils?