2004 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Expedition to Jetta and I'm OK

2004 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Expedition to Jetta and I'm OK with that
By WI_Commuter on

2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

After 17000 miles I'm very happy with the 04 Jetta wagon. Very comfortable on the highway (I'm 6'2" and have an hour long commute, so this was a concern). Have hit 50+mpg on highway drives, average is closer to 40 though when commuting. Mine rattles between 35 and 40 mph, but can't complain 'cause I haven't taken it in for a fix yet. I went from an '02 Eddie Bauer Expedition to the Jetta; I can't realistically tow my boat with it, but other than that I'm happy with the change. I did install a class II hitch on it though and can pull a loaded 4x8 trailer easily (the low and torque is an obvious benefit here).

Engine performance / economy ratio is fantastic. Comfortable to drive and actually looks good in the driveway (to me anyway).

You can't get all the luxury options when you get the diesel, this is lame (namely climate control, HomeLink, and auto-dimming mirror). You can't even get this in a Passat diesel last I checked. This is lame, lame, lame. Are you listening VW?... LAME!