2004 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Audi's Little Brother

2004 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Audi's Little Brother
By Wagons...Hoooo! on

2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife and I have been looking at the Jetta Wagon for some time. I really wanted the TDI, however, California is run by eco-crazed politicians who do not permit the sale of any TDI version of VW. In any event, we settled (lucky for us) for the 1.8T. This is the same engine in the Audi A4 but tuned down for marketing purposes. We also opted for the Sport and Winter packages which make for a great ride even on cold mornings. The leather seats are very nice and firm (which happens to be my preference). I will switch to synthetic oil after the first interval to help the warmer running turbo engine last longer. We love this car to death.

The car is made in Germany. Interior and Exterior styling and engineering. Leather seats with infinite recline. Huge rear cargo space for a compact wagon. Sport and Winter package. More than enough power from the engine. Airbags, so many I think the car inflates in an accident;)

Include the First Aid Kit and Hazard Triangle with the vehicle rather than selling them as an accessory even though specific space is provided in the rear cargo area. Better license plate frames. Synthetic oil from the start.