2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
DO NOT BUY A VW
By HBea on 12/03/04 11:56 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a brand new 2004 Jetta, nothing but problems. It only has 7000 miles on it! I now know why you don't see VW on the road found dead, THEY ARE IN THE SHOP!!! They are overpriced for the problems with the reliability one will come across. The Manf. Customer care line is disrespectful and unhelpful. I will never buy a VW again. I am not one of those women who complains about being mistreated by auto dealerships but this company has taken the cake for disrespect against me an educated, witty, smart and blonde woman. I do not call you by names, do not call me "honey!" By this statement alone I knew where I stood .

Solid Ride in a Small Package
By V-Dub on 11/28/04 22:08 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We needed a new car for under $19000. Although more expensive than other cars its size - the solid construction and road manners were unmatched for the price. The 1.8 Turbo is a blast providing more that adequate power and is far superior to the standard 2.0 motor. Front seats get an A+ for comfort keeping me very happy for 3 hour runs. Seating in the rear is snug. Highway gas mileage is 27 - 29, only average for the class. Quality of interior and exterior materials seems excellent for class of vehicle.

Pocket Rocket
By MontclairMike on 11/27/04 23:50 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I was actually looking to get Mazda 3 or 6 went I went to the dealership. Both were kinda blah when I decided to try the Jetta (the dealership had both Mazdas and VWs). The 4 cylinders were blah as well but when I got behind the wheel of the V6, I knew that was it. The suspension is sporty, acceleration quick, and the handling was that stiff but smooth feel you expect from a sportscar. I had heard that the past Jettas were crappy but so far so good. Getting into my car is definitely a highlight of my day. The dash has an austere look to it. Nothing but the essentials, very unlike most cars that clutter up their dash. Very happy with the Monsoon soundsytem.

Driver Found
By NTHUZIS on 11/16/04 14:35 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Settled on a new '92 Jetta GL because I was young and couldn't afford the insurance on a GLI.I'm twelve years older and VW felt my plight and made the GLI that I always wanted.What a car.Driving is fun again.Love the European styling,classy upgrades,and grin quotient.I feel 21 again.Traded in a '96 Impala SS for it.Enough said.

GLI 1.8T
By Edgar Bravo on 11/06/04 12:28 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I used to be a proud Honda owner until I feasted my eyes on this piece of German engineering. Absolutely beautiful to look at, my GLI is extremely comfortable and fun to drive. Its interior design is like no other car I had previously experienced; it's a drfferent kind of "sturdy" quality. The way the car is built is similar only to other German automobiles like BMW or Audi. I'm sold on Volkswagen quality and I definetely recommend everyone test drive one. You'll love it!

YEAHA! Jetta
By rae on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

this car is awsome, i used to own a accord, but traded up to a jetta, it was well worth it

NOT YOUR AVERAGE JETTA
By belly232 on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Driving is fun again. I previously owned an mk2 Jetta GLI with its recaro style seats stiffer suspension, 16" wheels and red pinstripe. This car takes it to another level with its great (and tunable) 1.8t engine, 18" BBS wheels, and 6 speed trannie. The interior and exterior styling are an added plus (red brake calipers-whoa!!). With the sport tuned suspension, i feel like im on rails going around corners (GREAT!!!!). For $22000, this car offers a great platform for a person to add his or her own upgrades. In my opinion it beats out many cars in its category

toms review
By tom yost on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Very broard power band, feels like you are driving a small v-8 engine. Handling is excellent,very tight and road noise free interior. VW has thought of everything on this one and built the quality with it. Shifting is velvet smooth and clunk free on the 5 speed the transmission complements the turbo very well. Love the car.

Jetta Review
By Jill Carter on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving my Jetta. The gas mileage is great, and the car is fun. The downside is the very small backseat and the super slow pickup.

JockinJetta
By JockinMyJetta on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutley LOVE this car! Before this, i was driving a Ford f250 and it was just too big and very poor on gas and now i have this cute, little car that gets grrrrreat gas mileage and the interior, exterior, just everything is wonder ful about this car! muah i love it!