2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
3rd VW, 2nd Jetta
By qbert on 03/12/05 19:35 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 2004 model to replace my 1994 Jetta. I've decided to keep the 94 too since it only has 290,000 miles on it. The 2004 is a better car, it rides nice, accelerates well and I figure it will make 300,000 miles as well.

Brief Review
By Chance on 02/08/05 17:44 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Execellent car. I've modded my car to my liking and it has not cost too much. Also, there are group of people who own VWs that you can meet with in your local area and learn more about your car and how to modify it.

Brief Review
By Chance on 02/08/05 17:44 PM (PST)

The overachieving underdog
By dmw26 on 01/29/05 21:02 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm sold to VW. Had an '01 Altima that I liked a lot, but nothing compares to the build and handling quality of the Jetta. Everything about the car is solid. Precision, quality, performance, and safety. If that's what you want in a car, you've found it. No problems in the 18-inch snowstorm of '05- with the stability control and awesome heated seats. I love its understated yet highly refined look. The two exhaust tips give the 1.8T a distinctively smart look- sportier than the 2.0L, but still very elegant and classy. The 5-speed manual is a blast, I kept pace with a Mustang GT on the I95 for 200 miles, without any struggles- you'll be taken aback by its performance. It's a real sports car.

Better Than the Rest...
By mjmorty on 01/07/05 11:59 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

For the money you can't get a better car. Solid construction. Coming from a Honda, Lexus, Acura and Audi background I can say without reservation the German cars are far superior to the Japanese automobiles. People complain about the pops, squeaks and rattles that accompany the Jetta; my car only makes a small noise from the center console. All cars have interior noises at some point; my mother's Lexus and father's Acura make quite the racket and they're 3 and 4 years old, respectively. This trim level is the most I would spend on a Jetta; the GLS and GLX models are great and all, but when you start spending 23-27K, it's time to start thinking Audi or Passat.

04 JETTA
By John K. on 01/05/05 21:04 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the $$. Handles great and 2.0L motor strong enough.

2004 GLS 1.8T is a fun car
By Taeler on 01/02/05 21:45 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Overall the 2004 Jetta is a great car. So much fun to drive, fast and responsive. Sun roof is great, 8 speakers in the Monsoon sound system make music sound good.

Gotta get a GLI
By difran111 on 01/02/05 21:43 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Just came off-lease on a 2001 Jetta GLS VR6 and I had to have another. Thought about buying my '01 until I got behind the wheel of the '04 GLI VR6. This car is a beast...love the beefed up 24v engine, 6-spd manual and 17-inch alloys. Like my '01 Jetta, the fit, finish, quality of my '04 GLI are exceptional. VW continues to impress with affordable performance!!

great car
By George Doust on 12/29/04 09:13 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I went from a truck to this car for better milage. The car is solid, fun to drive and loaded from the factory. This was a great feature. The car drives better than I thought it would and better than any other car of it's size I have driven. I would recommend this car to anyone

Great Car!
By Dawn on 12/29/04 08:10 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this care on a lease last August and absolutely love it. It is incredibly fun to drive, the leather and heated seats are great. The standard sunroof is a bonus. I have had no problems with the car. The only bad thing is for a car this size I expected better gas mileage.