2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Great value, Great drive
By AdMonster on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Remarkable gas mileage and great driveability all bundled into one of the best cars I have ever purchased. Without AC, it averages better than 50 mpg and with the AC blasting, it averages about 46 mpg. In times like these, this is a wonderful car to have. Great service by the dealership and good reliability. All in all, an incredible value.

Great Car--better than the Hybrids
By Alabama Jetta on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This is a great car, better than the hybrids. Luxury at its best. Buy it if you can find one--it is a seller's market. It is a fun car to drive, great gas mileage, looks neat at night. Don't worry about the $70 oil change--you only have to do that every 10,000 miles. The sound system is great, seats are great. I love this car and think it is the best I have ever had. It is quieter than my Honda Civic. Buy this one, you won't be sorry! The best is the GAS MILEAGE and remember---diesel is cheaper than gas-- the Prius and Civic Hybrid cannot touch this car! BUY ONE!!! It shifts great! Easy and forgiving....

A++++++++++
By lilbikerchick on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I actually own a 2003 TDI but I had to rave about it. Volkwagon is so reliable and I can drive from college station tx to gulfport, ms get this...on one tank of gas! This car is a little small on the outside but it makes up for it everywhere else.

Jetta TDI Wagon
By tom21769 on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This car approaches the safety of a Volvo (with head curtain airbags, good crash test results, and available ESP). It approaches the performance of an Audi (with its sporty handling and diesel torque). When you factor in fuel expenses, it approaches the economy of a Honda or Toyota. Now, if VW could only promise Honda or Toyota reliability, they'd have an unbeatable combination. It's a little small for a family, but wonderful as a second car for solo commuting.

Awesome
By Brittnay on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

best kar ever... best everything, steering,style, I love the jettas!

V W Diesel Jetta
By Michelle Croxton on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This car is so enjoyable to drive and ride in. The comfort is great. I have the turbo diesel and this is truly the best car I have ever had. I am averaging about 45 to 50 mpg. I traded in a Nissan Maxima and the Jetta blows that car off the road. For this car only to have 4 cylinders, there is no problem with the car not having power. I get compliments on it every day.

No kidding
By RQDickie on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Bought my Jetta just before the fuel crunch hit. Had been driving a Ford Diesel Excursion (yuk!) First trip with the Jetta averaged 45mpg 3400 mile round trip (five people and car top carrier). Improving steadily since. One recent "all highway cruise control speed limit inflate the tires to maximum inflation" run I got 54 mpg. No kidding! Comfortable and pleasing to be in - we created a mini SUV by adding a seat and seat belt in the rear. Put a aero ski car top carrier for luggage. When will other SUVer's figure this out?

too new
By D9 on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I know it's too soon to rate this car. I only have 1000 miles on it in the first week-and-a-half. I won't give it all the praises of an awesome car. It is a good car. The only reason to purchase this car is for the diesel fuel economy. Back and forth to work (combined driving) for me it gets 48- 50 mpg with the windows and sunroof open. This creates some drag which would affect the mileage. On the highway it gets a solid 60 mpg on the first try at under 200 miles on it. If it continues to do as well as it breaks in I will be pleased. Gobbs of torque, merging and uphill climbs in fifth gear. Not as nice as my Passat, but $5000 less.

Best car nowadays!
By Nadia on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Since I bought the Jetta, I have been very happy with it. The drive is fun and fast, the handling is excellent, and the diesel noise is not bad at all.

EXCELLENT
By D.BROWN on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

GREAT FOR THE FUEL MILAGE. WIHT TDI WE ARE UP TO ALMOST 42 MPG