2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Get a good one!
By Mike P on 05/30/06 15:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned a Jetta for 3 years, first I owned a 2003 Wolfsburg Edition Jetta. I recently upgraded to a 2004 Jetta GLI 1.8T and loved them both. The old one was a nice car and very reliable, but the new one is unbelievable. I recommend you don't waste your money on a cheap Volkswagen and make sure to get one that is high quality.

So far so good!
By aj on 05/03/06 11:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my Jetta recently and so far things are great! The only thing I wonder about is whether the sort of clicking sound as I accelerate is normal.... It isn't a bad sound necessarily, but I notice it. The interior is wonderful except for the non-existant center console. Otherwise, I love it!!! : )

Great Car!
By stevo on 02/06/06 14:31 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GL is a fun car that is good on gas. It has an excellent interior design and provides lots of features for the price. It has tons of saftey features for the family at no extra cost.

This car saved my life!
By Faina S on 01/04/06 17:34 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was in a snow / ice storm and as I was heading towards an underpass I lost control and went into both sides of the underpass damaging the car but had no serious injuries, the car stayed in pretty good shape so I am happy to have a repeat purchase from this company.

Teutonic friend of mine
By David L on 08/09/05 05:37 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 2004.5 Volkswagen Jetta GLI has been flawless. The personality and charm is understated. The build quality and engineering has been well thought out, and my MPG has been 20% better than expected (22-30). I love the the upgrades that they offered on the 2004.5 GLI. Thanks VW.

no regrets
By volvo owner on 06/04/05 08:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I went from a volvo s70 to a vw jetta and have no regrets. i wanted a smaller vehicle for lots of driving with the same comfort of a volvo. i saved a lot of money downgrading to a smaller vehicle but didn't lose anything but space. i love it! i feel very safe for such a smaller vehicle.

I Love my Jetta
By Daisy on 05/26/05 12:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Once I laid eyes on this babe I knew I had to get one. I originally wanted the Platinum Grey one but settled for the Blue Lagoon. It's fun to drive and the cupholders actually don't cover the CD player this time!

Fun Car, Good Price, Some Flaws
By William on 05/12/05 09:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The Jetta GLI is a very attractive car with a number of very unique features unavailable to most cars in the same price range - the recaro seats, sound system, 6-speed transmission and interior detailing are all a cut above what you would expect, but do tack on a couple thousand to a comparable GLS's purchase price. The car drives very well, has a very responsive transmission, tight and well balanced brakes and a very typically German feel in tight high-speed turning maneuvers. That said, our car required three trips to the dealership for loud, high-pitched squealing in the rear brakes and the front ground effects are extremely fragile. A thread tear in the recaro seating had to be fixed too.

2004 Jetta GLI
By Wai on 05/07/05 17:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Nice low profile tire & wheel help the steering response, though Goodyear RSA tire is not that good in dry/wet traction. Braking distance is kind of long due to small discs brake. ESP coupled with ASR standard in this car helped me in one emergency turn into a ramp off I-95 (driving too fast to pass one vehicle just before exit the ramp). A little disappointed with the color (silver) and date of manufacture (2004 model but date of manufacture is June 2003) but have no choice since this new vehicle is the leftover. Overall satisfied with this vehicle.

Nice, but underpowered
By Joe on 04/20/05 15:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Jetta as a second vehicle, it is a 5-speed which I like, but the 2.0 engine is severly underpowered for this 3,000 lb. car. It takes a lot to get this car moving. Also, the first time it rained, I had a puddle in the back seat, apparantly they had installed the molding on the window incorectly. I would buy another Jetta, but i would have to opt for the 1.8T engine, or the VR6.