Used 2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Steer Clear
By ragincajun

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My new Jetta, with 166 miles on it, lost the alternator belt and died on me yesterday. The selling dealership was absolutely terrible with how they handled it. No sense of embarassment whatsoever. This is my first (and will be my last) VW. I bought it to use as a reliable third car. Oops.

Favorite Features

Made it past 150 miles without breaking down.

Suggested Improvements

Try to make the car so it can get to 200 miles without breaking down.

I love my Jetta :)
By sistert

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been thoroughly pleased with the performance of my Jetta and with the service I have received from the dealership. Although it's not perfect, it's a smooth ride, I feel very comfortable and safe, and there's plenty of room for passengers and in the trunk. My sales representative at the dealership was straight-forward and easy to work with- I got an excellent deal and he has been helpful in my follow-up phone calls with random questions.

Favorite Features

ALL of the standard features (like the CD player, safety measures, trunk space, full size spare tire). I also like how you can pop the hood open with the small lever that comes out- it's much more convenient than feeling around for the latch to open the hood. And it's so pretty! :)

Suggested Improvements

The trunk can be hard to close because of the hydraulic mechanism, but it's nice how the latch is on the sides of the trunk. Also, I have driven my Jetta predominantly in city traffic and don't think I'm getting good gas mileage-- I can't say anything about highway driving though.

Outstanding!
By By by Oldsmobiles!!

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I used to drive a piece of crap Oldsmobile Alero...and well you can probably guess why they are no longer in business. I will never buy another American car at least for awhile. I listened to a friend's advice to get a VW (she drives the Golf and loves it) and what an excellent choice I made. The car looks and drives like a dream car. It is sleek and very modern looking. It is excellent on gas and drives well on the highways. I love it when people's heads turn when they see my Jetta!

Favorite Features

The Monsoon radio is excellent. You will be a proud owner while holding the modern looking key. I love the awesome color selection to the way the tires look. I feel safe driving this car due to all the standard safety features.

Suggested Improvements

With all pros there are some negatives. The only negatives I can think for this car is I wish it were made a little bigger. I am in college and have friends that I drive around. It gets a little crammed in the back seat.

The Ultimate Jetta
By JETTAMAN

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

What more could you want in a $25,000 car? It has every option that is available for the Jetta and a custom interior. The ride and handling are superb. The 18" wheels add even more handling and style. The six speed transmission gives you torque and flexibility throughout the gears. The body kit is subtle but sets it apart from other Jettas. With minor modifications, this car can really scream and still get 30 mpg.

Favorite Features

Styling, safety, and performance. The build quality is fantastic. Enough said.

Suggested Improvements

Even more power!

GREAT CAR!
By Jean M

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My VW Jetta is great. I get great gas mileage and love driving the car. It has good pick up and drives great. The one thing I would change about the interior is the color. I have black and it is so HOT in the summer. Other than that, I have no complaints about the car. Volkswagon is wonderful company to deal with. I highly recommend the car to everyone.

Favorite Features

Being able to open the windows with the key from the outside. The safety features are great.