Used 2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Nice little car
By dizakaz

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fun. I have owned approx. 12 cars and this one rates in the top 5. The only thing I dont like is that the low end power is non existant. But it cruses great. The only other thing is that this car could be a two seater, no room in the rear.

Favorite Features

Smooth comfortable quiet ride.

Do Not Buy This Car!!!!
By very disapointed

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my car two months ago and it has been a disaster. In the first month a vibration started in the steering column and the foot pedals, seats and doorsills. Took it in and the dealer said live with it. Then the transmision was having trouble; again they said live with it..vibration still there...then they said the turbo charger had a problem..but they didnt fix it ..just deleted the code from the cpu. I am not gonna live with it...no one should. Finally it was admitted to me that there were three problems..but that was on their final repair attempt. what a coincidence!

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

Build a car that is reliable..dont make excuses for your product. just fix it. tech your service personel to answer questions not just say I dont know...or live with it.

Best car in market
By EJ08

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I test looked at the Corolla's, Civic's, Mazda3, Sonata, and the VW Jetta is the best of the bunch. The jetta is a little more $$ then the Corolla, Civic and Mazda3 but it's worth it. Believe me the engines on these Jetta's will go forever. Great gas mileage, nice looks and drives like a charm. Also good resale. I researched this car and it's a great deal. Plus I bought it with their 0% financing promotion.

Favorite Features

Interior appeal ( I got the leather package), exterior looks, comfortable drive, good stereo for a factory stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Power seats

i love this car
By jettaluver

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

the jetta is great to drive. i think it's very reliable. it's standard stereo system is phenomenal. i don't regret buying this car at all.

Favorite Features

stereosystem, appearance, safety features

Suggested Improvements

a more spacious interior

Dont buy this car
By kngofsorrow247

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my VW Jetta 2months ago. Had problems first month. Huge vibration in cabin, pedals, and steering wheeel when in gear. Transmision shifting problems. Car feeling like its gonna die any minute now. No help from Stuart Volkswagen, or Schumacher vw in Wst Palm. Was told that nothing was wrong with car. sent defect notice to manufact. rep. found problem during last fix attempt (what a surprise) after a day without a car...problem is still there. Dont buy this car if you want reliability. Dont be deceived by a great first drive. Problems come after a month! Lemon law is the only way to get answers from dealer.

Favorite Features

car drives great when its working or not in the shop.

Suggested Improvements

Learn how to build a better car...and dont have your dealers make excuses for your product. Just fix it when customers come to you for help with a 2mth. old car!