Used 2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

2004 VW GLI from thirsty85@hotmail.com
By thirsty85

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

LOVE this car. Look forward to getting in & driving every day. It handles unbelievably & has a ton of pep. Would recommend highly to friends and have! One of my friends just bought the GLS and she couldn't be happier. Minuteman in Bedford, MA were exceptional to work with!

Favorite Features

Blue lights at night. Chrome accents. BBS rims. Heated seats & mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would change is the cup holder under the arm rest. Small, I know, but you asked! :)

This Is A Great Car
By ChrisBoston

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is to be applauded. I spent well under 20K for it and it has many perks. The interior is well-designed, especially the dashboard and sci-fi lighting. It has a stylish exterior and more than enough pep for my needs. I have had the car for 9 months with zero problems. It has been really fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Classy exterior, dashboard, attention to details, good pep, smooth on turns, and I am not going to go broke paying for the car. Also, you can open all your windows by turning the key from OUTSIDE the car which is great for hot days :)

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage can always be improved, especially with gas prices as high as they are. That being said, this car is more economical than most on the road today. I have no other suggestions because I am quite happy with the car.

Very please so far
By KNSCAR

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After a lot of research and test driving I decided on a 2004 GLI 1.8T. Very pleased I am. This car is a blast to drive, I will admit that the fuel consumption could be better but I can't help but step on it when I get the chance. I would not change much but an armrest would be a nice touch and a little more room in the back. Overall for the money this car is great.

Favorite Features

The wheels, seats and the stereo.

Suggested Improvements

More room in the back, less brake dust an armrest. Minor issues but what car doesn't have a few. Still recommended

What a great Auto!!!
By Snubby

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

What a great car...For the last twenty years I have owned nothing but Mercedes, and one Subaru Outback bought this year that I quickly got rid of (what a piece of junk)and replaced it with this Jetta. Only 1,000 miles on it and all is functioning well. It is so fun to drive and I think they are made better than the MEBE I was thinking of buying.

Favorite Features

I love the Color (spice red), the look of the dash(very soothing red and blue lights at night) I like the saftey features and it's so fun to drive. Leather package very nice,comfortable, suspension...incredible, engine: prob. one of the best VW has made. I am really impressed.

Suggested Improvements

Power seats might be nice, but I am comfomtable with the way they adjust now. Rearview dimming mirror and compass might be a nice touch too.

Good Choice
By dcrew12

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had my VW Jetta 1.8T for 2 months. Since I bought it late in the season (June 2004) it had been sitting on the lot for a while. Driver's side door needed to be realigned, shake/shimmey needed to be fixed (said it was the roters - got rusty due to sitting in the lot all year??). Otherwise, I love it's exterior look (navy blue, sleek) and the grey interior. Great acceleration especially on high-way passing. Brakes need to be depressed far but very responsive. Monsoon sound system is great. Sunroof is AWESOME. I'm happy with the purchase....so far!!

Favorite Features

Color, style, responsive handling, highway "zip", compact size without feeling too cramped

Suggested Improvements

"Ticking" noise in the engine when in park after driving on the highway...difficult to turn steering wheel when in park (straightening out my crooked parking jobs!)