2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
DO NOT BUY ANY VW
By Another Unhappy on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have had nothing but problems with this car. Performance problems, it drives very rough, a host of rattles, driver seat that makes a popping noise, stearing wheel sqweeks. To make matters worse, the vehical has been in the shop six times in less than a year of ownership. The customer service by two VW dealers and VW of America corporate has been very poor. The cars value has depreciated over $10,000 in less than a year. The list goes on...

I love my Jetta!!!!!
By Shaah on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car. I have been pleased with every purchase made through VW. I will always love my car!

Jetta 1.8 T
By joejetta04 on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Solidly built with attention to detail. This car is a lot of fun to drive, and you are seated in a first class cabin. The interior is of Audi quality and comfort. Safety features such as 6 airbags, and traction control are standard. If you are shopping for a small sedan, take this one for a test drive.

Luv my Jetta!
By JoeyT on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

All I can say is that this car is great! Yes, the price was a bit high, but it is a joy to ride. And the power of the turbo engine is amazing!

Fun Car. BUT, in shop every 3 months!
By Jason-AZ on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car is fun to drive. But, there are so many problems with the emission system the car has to be taken to the dealer about every 3 months to be fixed. Sometimes the car is out of comission for several days while parts are being ordered. This car is not reliable.

my jetta
By oscar2056 on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Its an ok car i like it i wish it were cheeper to keep up and and didnt have as many problems

OWN 1
By MARCUS HURT on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

LOOKS GOOD EXCLENT WARRENTY LOVE THE IN SIDE LIKE THE BLUE DASH LIGHTS NOT TO SURE ABOUT THE TRANSMISSION SOME TIMES SHIFTS VERY ROUGH

this car rocks
By abirken on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have never driven a car with more get up and go ever! I feel this car can take me around the world a few times and back, it feels so reliable. The power of this engine is incredible and hard to imagine until you are given whiplash upon entering the freeway. Buyers beware of extreme power when driving this car.

Fun and Reliable
By Orlando Hidalgo on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I did some research before buying this car. I've heard about Volkswagen having problems with Quality issues and reliablity in the past years, but after having read up on the car and speaking to other Volkswagen Jetta owners, I was ready to take a test drive. Needless to say, I bought the car and have no regrets to this day. In my oppinion its a "poor mans" BMW.(lol) You get a lot of performance for the money, and the German craftsmanship is evident in this GLI model.Keep up the good work VW!

Wouldn't get another VW if you paid me
By cd1138 on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but problems since I got this car. The trunck released at will on the highway, the car wouldnt come out of park if the a/c was on, the windows fell inside the door twice, the paint peeled off, and the transmission has had problems twice. In addition to this all of the plastic parts inside have either broken or fallen off.