2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews 18

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Worst car ever purchased-dangerous car.
By joconsecur on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This new 2004 jetta with less than 300 miles failed completely.In the middle of driving-i lost all power -lights- power steering-engine bucked-finally stalled-scared me to death-will seek to give this car back to the dealership tommorrow-Really disappointed in the car-If i was in traffic on a busy highway -it could have been disasterous.

Make them in Germany please
By JFM on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I own two Jettas: a 2003 sedan, and a 2004 wagon, both GLS 1.8T 5M. The sedan is made in Mexico; the Wagon in Germany. What a difference. I don't know whether it is coincidence, but squeaks and rattles are the norm in the Mexican-built, whereas the German- built is solid as an Audi.

Superb GLS 1.8T manual
By Paul Moscarella on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Closing in on year one of a three year lease. Car has performed flawlessly especially in a rather nasty NYC winter. Purchased the 17" rims & sport suspension & ALL the safety features. Excellent acceleration w/minimal turbo lag. Smooth shift linkage. Could use a little more rear passenger room and the gas mileage is so-so for a 4 banger. Good road manners & excellent handling though a rear sway-bar would help with some understeering during fast acceleration.

I love it!
By rachelandrascal on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has numerous standard features (for fun and safety). Take one for a test drive . . . it will sell itself. I got a baseline Jetta (only "options were spoiler and automatic transmission); but compared with other manufacturers I was considering (Honda, especially) Jetta standard features are considered "optional" by most others.

I love my Jetta
By Lish on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had Honda's, Chryslers, Cadillacs and all three of the big three pickup trucks. I have never had a car as fun to drive as this. I commute 90 miles a day and never get tired of driving this car......Not a single problem in the first 9,000 miles

Dam Near Perfect
By justdaman on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great car, second Jetta and it keeps getting better. Turbo lag sucks, but I could get over it with more turbo boost. I'm sure we'll get it in the future. Affortable sporty sedan, without the price of BMW 3 series.

As Good As It Gets
By Andrew420 on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

For starters, the dealership was clean, modern and full of beautiful cars to choose from. The Jetta was more in my price range, so I decided to go for it. My budget was keeping me in the upper end of the compact car range, so I stretched a little and went for the GLS 1.8T model, sport package with cold weather options.

Great Car
By Pizza797 on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I went from an SUV to this and was pleasently surprised in usuable space. The ride is great! Engine moves this little guy in and around corners in a breeze.....WOW....

Volkswagens are unreliable
By Vinny C. on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have had nothing but trouble with my Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T. By far the worst car I have ever had in reliability, and the people that work at University Volkswagen in Albuquerque are very rude and not into helping at all. I would advise never to buy a Volkswagen.

Excellent Warranty
By jmkeat0 on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car on a Saturday, and it has been in the shop since the following Monday. The fuel gauge stopped working, and the dealership is trying to figure out why. For the brief period of time that I drove my new car, it was excellent. I'm anxiously awaiting her return.