Used 2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Flashy! Flashy!
By ellissteven

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love this car! I got it new with only 6 miles on it in april of 2004 when i turned 16. And Trying to be responsible with the turbo!!! After a minor problem with the sunroof switch there has been no problems since. Love This Car Gotta Get 1!!!

Favorite Features

Heated Leather!!! Monsoon Sound!!! Tiptronic!!! Turbo!!! Chrome!!! Flashy!!!Flashy!!!

Suggested Improvements

Power Seats on a vehicle this price!!! Back seat headroom!!!

Jetta fun- but bad front suspension
By turbohack

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Love the car's performance - really quick out of the hole (watch that red- line - tach revs-up really quick). Handles nice and I love the sunroof. Moonsoon stereo so-so. Right front suspension clunks on a left turn over a bump. Two weeks and three tries can't find the problem. I want my Jetta back - w/o the clunk !

Favorite Features

Performance - little or no turbo-lag. Handles well. 17" tires a must. Nice design inside and out. Quick revving tach. Auto power windows up and down - nice feature. Get the sport suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Train the mechanics better. Replaced my entire front end suspension and can't find the source of a very annoying (and potentially dangerous) thumping sound. Get a bigger service waiting area. Rear wiper would be nice.

blast
By 3rd Jetta Owner

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 3rd Jetta. GLI just put the fun back into the everyday, everywhere drive. Only concern is winter tires and low front spoiler. Lots of zip in the low rpm.

Favorite Features

All gli extra's

Suggested Improvements

Ok stereo but could do a little better.

BAD LUCK
By JLD2004

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I HAVE HAD 2 JETTAS A 1999 AND A 2002. THE FIRST ONE I BOUGHT WAS USED WHEN I BROUGHT IT HOME I NOTICED A CRACKED WINDSHIELD THEN EVERY OTHER MONTH MY CAR WAS IN THE DEALERSHIP FOR THE OXYGEN CENSORS. IT WAS ONCE IN THE DEALERSHIP FOR 2 MONTHS. THE SECOND CAR I BOUGHT WAS NEW AND IT WAS OK BUT THE VOLKSWAGEN CREDIT BANK WAS HORRIBLE TO ME.THEY DIDNT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING EXCEPT MY MONTHLY PAYMENT. THEY HARRESSED ME REPEATLY NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION.I WOULDNT RECOMMEND THIS CAR TO MY WORST ENEMY. VOLKSWAGENS ARE NOTHING BUT HEADACHES.

Favorite Features

THE INTERIOR BLUE LIGHTING

Suggested Improvements

VOLKSWAGEN NEEDS TO IMPROVE THIER CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THE CONDITION OF THE CARS THEY SELL. THEY ARE THE WORST.ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS NEVER AGAIN.

My Betty...
By Bearcat

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is unreal... for a first car out of college this thing kills... Everyone is always checking out the 18" BBS and the Z rated rubber thinking is that thing as fast as it looks... and yeah it can be... just got to keep the turbo spinning. I drove the VR6 model and wondered why anyone would buy that one... the 1.8T has better handleing and does not dive in the switchbacks or under hard braking which can get pretty hard with those HUGE front disks... By the way the 6 speed manual is flawless and most likely bulletproof like most other VW tranies.

Favorite Features

18" BBS, Body mod, Monsson sound system, The beautiful Blue... Rare color on a rare car... and the ladies that are checking the ride.

Suggested Improvements

Buying winter rubber is going to suck... Blizzacks cost a fortune. Other than that... give me a freer flowing filter in the box.. the turbo is working hard to breath... guess that is why they sell Cold air induction.