Used 2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

no complaints just drive
By Razorback

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I have had this care for less than 3 months and already have about 10000 miles on the vehicle. The car itself is fun to drive and I have had no issues as of yet. I drive throughout nw Arkansas and the River Valley with my position at Tyson Foods. Great fuel efficiency and quiet interstate ride.

the diesel engine and the fuel efficiency was the selling point for me. I have a doctor friend that has two and can only say good things.

front seats need to be a little wider. On longer trips tends to be a little uncomfortable for a young man 6ft 2in. I don't like the black interior but the dealership was unable to find a white exterier with alternate interier color. Also, I had to have the windows tinted

Our first Diesel
By Newlyweds

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We recently moved out of the city and were looking to reduce our monthly gas bill. We test drove a Jetta TDI and were immedieatly impressed with how solid the car was. The interior was well appointed and the ride comfortable. The mileage was what sold us ulimately!

Turning the key to the left when opening the door automatically rolls down all the windows - which makes cooling the car down in the summer "a breeze".

Knocking the base price down a bit would be a sure fire way to sell more TDI's!

Love it
By Alaina

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The VW Jetta is a great car that is built better than any other car on the road. Most German cars like BMW and Mercedes are good quality but,high maintanance cost. The Japenese cars are reliable, but have cheap features and interiors. The American cars have a long way to go with quality in both the interior and exterior...also with reliablity. So the Jetta is the one car that you can get German quality, virtually no maintanance, very safe, and extremely reliable all one.

The reliability, quality, and peace of mind knowing I am riding in a safe and reliable car.

N/A

Great Car/Great Value
By Jride

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Before I purchased the Jetta I looked at everything from Cheverolets to Jaguars to Mercedes to Nissans and spent two months looking everyday. I was replacing a Lexus IS300 that was wrecked. My main concern was safety and VW ranks at the top on saftey. The Jetta gets great gas mileage, is a quality build that had many of the same interior designs as the Mercedes (without the high repair cost), and has a great reputation. My cousin had one of these he drove for many years and finally sold with 310,000 miles on it and it was still running. Overall the car is one of the best on the road that offers quality, style, performance, and reliability all in one.

Great gas mileage, Monsoon stereo, Cool Glowing Insturment Panel, Great build quality, quick exceleration. I really like to see that German engineering that is leveraged between BMW, Audi, Mercedes, and Volvo that you see many of the same features in each car. The car is built safe.

None at this time. Just keep on building quality cars.

Great value, Great drive
By AdMonster

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Remarkable gas mileage and great driveability all bundled into one of the best cars I have ever purchased. Without AC, it averages better than 50 mpg and with the AC blasting, it averages about 46 mpg. In times like these, this is a wonderful car to have. Great service by the dealership and good reliability. All in all, an incredible value.