2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews 11

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

2004 Volkswagen Jetta GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Fun & economical
By Dennis Lancaster on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Bought it for business mostly freeway driving to max MPG. Getting 46 to 53 MPG with plenty of power. Except for a little puff of blue smoke on cold start up cannot tell it is a diesel. Running great so far. Really neat little car for one person. Not really enough room for passengers. Terrible back seats for passengers but easy to lay down for storage of lugguge. Blue instrument panel lighting takes a little getting use to but looks cool. Been in snow and ice for two weeks now. Manual trans really helps. Have 4000 miles on it now and would buy it again.

Love that TDI !!
By tonymro on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I never considered owning a VW until reading the rave reviews for the TDI engine. TDI is quiet, starts quickly even in severe cold, plenty of torque. Fabulous fuel efficiency. Chose Jetta TDI wagon over more expensive Volvo V40. Acquiring the exact car I wanted was extremely difficult given that TDIs are on limited allocation and dealerships wanted to tack on unreasonable markup.

Check this out.
By mrjjp on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I bought this wagon because I was sick of paying $300.00 for gasolone. I drive a lot to the Cape and round trip is a seven hour ordeal. The VW has made life easier. Excellent mileage at 45 on a gallon of fuel, ride and comfort is unbelieveable. Plenty of power at 90 HP :) Love to drive the car too.

TDI- unbelievable
By Wendell on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I have owned my 2003 Jetta TDI wagon for 7 months now and I have to say its the greatest thing I have ever purchased. I get 45-50 MPG average with a Lead Foot! FUEL prices are as low as $1.45 at local truck stops and with a 700 mile range in the tank its easy to shop around. The car is well built with very little interior noise and a great factory radio. Overall Looks great, uns good, nothing but smiles here.

-tdi - pd jetta
By Lee Blanchard on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

great car. performance and economy in one... and mean performance. tons of torque. great on the hills.

Why Hybrids?
By Robfisher03 on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

My Florida car. Great run-about economy with performance to boot.

Excellent!
By kfyten on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I think the TDI Jetta is the most inovative practical design in a long time! Really a wonderful car to own and drive.

Great german car
By magz on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

The redesigned exterior though very subtle just adds a classic touch to the car and makes it different enough from previous years that you want to get the 2004 and not take advantage of the 2003 clearance sales. I have driven close to 600 miles with the first tank and was blown away by the smoothness of the engine (it's hard to tell it is a diesel!)and also impressed by the engine's torque... German styling,german drive,german look and feel at a very affordable price.If you want to have the best of both worlds and get a great car with an incredible fuel economy,there is no other choice like it!!!Go get one now!

great deal, practical car
By slcastle on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I love this car! I thought it would be too small for my 6'-5" husband, along with our 2 year old twin toddlers, but we actually do fit just fine - for it to be a second car. The car is a great deal because of the diesel engine, once we saw it we were hooked - we will be saving over $150 a month with the incredible gas mileage. The safety of the 6 air bags is unbeatable - and not even offered in other sedans of comparable price. The interior is sleek and well-made. We looked at everything - but Volkswagen won mainly for crash test ratings, retaining its value (60% after 5 years!), and gas mileage, making it a practical car.

Almost 50 miles per Gallon WOW
By GrGrosskopf on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Sporty and comfortable, this handy little car is not compromising on room. It handles like a Porsche, yet has the luxory of a caddy. The blue interior lights are pleasant to the eye, so easy to see in the dark. I took my TDI all the way from Santa Maria, CA to Medford, Oregon on ONE TANK OF FUEL, averaging 48 to 50 miles per gallon. You never have to smog the TDI, and the exaust is cleaner than a gasoline engine. AND SO QUIET for a deisel engine! It handles like a dream. There is no Glow Plug to wait on when you warm it up. TDI has come a long way