Used 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T Sedan Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

All around awesome.
By illimk4

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

When going for a different vehicle I was searching for something stock turbocharged that had potential as far as tuning goes. Originally I set out to find an srt-4 but found a 1.8T GLI first. I'm glad I decided to purchase that instead. The car is fun to drive and fairly quick stock, but with apr stage 1 software It definitely kicks it up a notch. I love my VW and I doubt I will ever drive anything else.
They are well built and very reliable. The only downfall is VW vehicles are expensive to maintain. Other than that the car is well worth what I paid for it.

Easy to mod. Reliable Fun to drive Comfortable Stylish It's a VW.

Make cheaper to fix and maintain.

I'll Only Buy VW
By luckylindy03

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

this is the second jetta i have owned and i have to say that it is by far the best one. I read the bad reviews and the good reviews and it seems like there are a fair amount of lemons out there. Thank GOD i didn't get one, but i have to say that you really can't beat German Engineering. I will never buy another car that isn't a VW. Everything about the car is a blast. The exterior of the car is great and i get looks everywhere i go. The interior is great too with the brushed aluminum and recaro seats (which can get a little weary after a long trip).

Style, Performance, Comfort. Its all there with this car. The suspension is real stiff the steering is quick, throttle response could be quicker but hey, with the turbo kicking in 13psi of boost... who cares?

i can't even say that leg room in the back would be nice, because i never sit back there. I honestly can't think of anything that i want on it, other than the K04S turbo as standard instead of the K03.

This Car SUCKS
By myjettasucks

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car for only 9 months and I am already getting rid of it. Jetta's may look cool, but reliability sucks. Since having it I have put nearly $7,000 in repairs. It will run great for a couple of months and then I will have a major problems (i.e. clutch, MAF sensor, ignition coils, MAF again, O2 sensors (yes plural), alternator, and master cylinder to name a few. Displeased doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this car. I am trading it and sticking with a Toyota or Honda.

Fun to drive, good styling

Fix them so they can run for more than 1,000 miles without having to replace something.

Can't Stop Redlining!
By JT

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had the car for a year. I have had only one problem, the front rotors were replaced (wrapped). Thats it. I have had no electrical problems at all. I do have ratles in the doors though. This car is fun to drive and really holds on the turns. Also, this car's ECU can be reprogrammed to increase the HP. So if your looking for more HP for cheap.. it can be done. Doing this completly changes the car. It's still a beautiful car even today.

The seats, interior lights, turbo, brakes, wheels, body kit,...everything.

I would have liked the GLI to have come with more HP stock and a LSD.

Get a good one!
By Mike P

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned a Jetta for 3 years, first I owned a 2003 Wolfsburg Edition Jetta. I recently upgraded to a 2004 Jetta GLI 1.8T and loved them both. The old one was a nice car and very reliable, but the new one is unbelievable. I recommend you don't waste your money on a cheap Volkswagen and make sure to get one that is high quality.

My car has a number of mods and customizations, but my favorite feature would have to be the stock bodykit and the 19" chrome I put on.

none.