2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
2004 GLI VR6
By Debbie on 07/31/07 16:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

The GLI VR6 is very comfortable. My car is loaded, leather and all and is so much fun to drive. The 6sp manual shift is very smooth and has great acceleration. It's a pretty peppy car for a 200 hp. I've owned several BMWs (540, a 3 BMW 330) and I would say the fun factor is close to a Bimmer but at 1/3 the cost. Only drawback is the gas mileage is so-so for a 6sp. I was expecting to get about 28-33 mpg but I avg around 25 mpg. My 330i (6sp) avg around 28 so I was expecting the VW to be equal if not better.

2004 Jetta GLI
By Wai on 05/07/05 17:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Nice low profile tire & wheel help the steering response, though Goodyear RSA tire is not that good in dry/wet traction. Braking distance is kind of long due to small discs brake. ESP coupled with ASR standard in this car helped me in one emergency turn into a ramp off I-95 (driving too fast to pass one vehicle just before exit the ramp). A little disappointed with the color (silver) and date of manufacture (2004 model but date of manufacture is June 2003) but have no choice since this new vehicle is the leftover. Overall satisfied with this vehicle.

Brief Review
By Chance on 02/08/05 17:44 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Execellent car. I've modded my car to my liking and it has not cost too much. Also, there are group of people who own VWs that you can meet with in your local area and learn more about your car and how to modify it.

Brief Review
By Chance on 02/08/05 17:44 PM (PST)

Gotta get a GLI
By difran111 on 01/02/05 21:43 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Just came off-lease on a 2001 Jetta GLS VR6 and I had to have another. Thought about buying my '01 until I got behind the wheel of the '04 GLI VR6. This car is a beast...love the beefed up 24v engine, 6-spd manual and 17-inch alloys. Like my '01 Jetta, the fit, finish, quality of my '04 GLI are exceptional. VW continues to impress with affordable performance!!

Pocket Rocket
By MontclairMike on 11/27/04 23:50 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I was actually looking to get Mazda 3 or 6 went I went to the dealership. Both were kinda blah when I decided to try the Jetta (the dealership had both Mazdas and VWs). The 4 cylinders were blah as well but when I got behind the wheel of the V6, I knew that was it. The suspension is sporty, acceleration quick, and the handling was that stiff but smooth feel you expect from a sportscar. I had heard that the past Jettas were crappy but so far so good. Getting into my car is definitely a highlight of my day. The dash has an austere look to it. Nothing but the essentials, very unlike most cars that clutter up their dash. Very happy with the Monsoon soundsytem.

2004 VW GLI from thirsty85@hotmail.com
By thirsty85 on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

LOVE this car. Look forward to getting in & driving every day. It handles unbelievably & has a ton of pep. Would recommend highly to friends and have! One of my friends just bought the GLS and she couldn't be happier. Minuteman in Bedford, MA were exceptional to work with!

2004 Jetta GLI VR6 "Pocket Rocket"
By txbillsfan on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I call it my "Pocket Rocket" because it's the smallest car I have ever owned and one of the fastest. It's fun to drive, comfortable, well built, and not too hard on the eyes. The chrome moldings and the alloy wheels really dress it up. It corners like a dream with almost no roll and the 6 speed is the easiest manual tranny I have ever used. Like the commercial says, "Drive it you'll get it."

first VW
By Brent460 on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I am very impresed about this car. me and my wife have been looking at cars for about 2 months. the car that we were sold on buying was the 325I BMW. than one day we passed the VW dealer so we pulled in. next thang I know we were driving it home. I have been more impreded with this car than I could have ever imagined. I have ownd cars from $15,000 to $45,000 and todate this has been the best car we have owned.

Sweeeet...
By jaw540i on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I just graduated college, so I wanted the best bang for my buck without killin myself. All my research (which is what I do for a living!) lead to the GLI. You cannot buy a quicker, meaner car with so much luxury for less that $30,000. Mine was $27,000, completely loaded (spoiler and changer too) which compares nice to $37,000 for a comparable BMW 330i. All power and performance numbers are under reported as I can get 0-60 in 6.9sec vs the reported 7.9sec!