2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

GL 1.8T Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Great car so far
By capitananchor on 09/12/11 09:15 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I think this car has been very reliable so far. Sure a few things have needed to be replaced but I think you can expect that. At 65K miles, my water pump went, unfortunately the impeller is made of plastic and I couldn't find anyone that made a non plastic impeller pump. I had the CV joints replaced around 70K mostly due to me taking curves like I was a nascar driver. My car is 7 years old and the battery, alternator, exhaust, are still original so I'm really impressed...so I will not be shocked when any of those need replacing soon. At 76K miles, I had a coolant leak that was coming form the cooling hose flange...it's a $20 part, if you have the time I would just replace that myself.

2004 jetta
By dave2009 on 07/20/08 21:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

In one month and 5,000 km I'm very happy. Getting 30 mpg on my 120 km daily commute. Had one engine issue, a coil failed but was repaired under dealer warranty. At times the turbo can be jerky in city traffic but the power does make the car. Tried the normal 2.0 L and it was a dog.

I Love my Jetta
By Daisy on 05/26/05 12:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Once I laid eyes on this babe I knew I had to get one. I originally wanted the Platinum Grey one but settled for the Blue Lagoon. It's fun to drive and the cupholders actually don't cover the CD player this time!

Gotta love this car
By wamble29 on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just bought my jetta about 1 month ago and I am a VW customer for life. The ride is awesome and it is so comfortable. I got the sport package and 1.8T engine and they are perfect together. Moonroof is a must and the spoiler completes the package. If you want a safe car with a decent price get this.

2004 VW Jetta GL 1.8T
By tkusterb on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've only had my Jetta for five months and totally love everything about it. Great driving experience. I like the power, the ride, the feel. I look for excuses to go driving, even with gas prices high!

Jetta: so far, so good
By kittydad on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fuel economy (mostly smaller town and highway) averages mid to high 40s in winter, to 49-53 mpg in summer. Fuel economy appears to be 5-10% higher this year than last year, when car was new. Recent trip from Tulsa, OK to mid-KY used 13.3 gallons of fuel for the whole trip of 750 miles (= 57 mpg) at 70-75 mph, with air conditioning. Back seat needs a little more foot room (has about 5 inches less than our Corolla); it's my understanding that new Jetta has a little more foot room due to slightly longer wheelbase. No sign yet of reported problems with power accessories. So far, would recommend this car (2003 model) highly.

The best cars
By patrick miller on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

this is my secound vw, i love the cars. i have zero problems with mine. they are a lot of fun to drive and to have.

Great Value
By JP_1.8T on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This new Jetta replaced my old '98 Jetta. The physical difference between the two could not be greater. The level of refinement and power I have in this car compared to its predecessor is amazing. And the sticker price on them were virtually the same! VW made truly amazing strides with this generation.

greatest car ever
By CocoMonkey on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had two Fords and a Nissan before I bought my Jetta Wolfsburg. They don't even come close. This is one of the best cars ever built. Build quality, performance, you name it, it's got it all.

my jetta
By oscar2056 on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Its an ok car i like it i wish it were cheeper to keep up and and didnt have as many problems