Used 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GL 1.8T Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Great car so far
By capitananchor

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I think this car has been very reliable so far. Sure a few things have needed to be replaced but I think you can expect that. At 65K miles, my water pump went, unfortunately the impeller is made of plastic and I couldn't find anyone that made a non plastic impeller pump. I had the CV joints replaced around 70K mostly due to me taking curves like I was a nascar driver. My car is 7 years old and the battery, alternator, exhaust, are still original so I'm really impressed...so I will not be shocked when any of those need replacing soon. At 76K miles, I had a coolant leak that was coming form the cooling hose flange...it's a $20 part, if you have the time I would just replace that myself.

Turbo, like the extra features the GLI came with, fuel economy is good, I love the way the GLI looks,

The car is too small, the recaro seats are nice but the driver side seat is coming apart in two different spots. The windows have become detached in winter since they freeze and stick to the rubber insulation on the door.

2004 jetta
By dave2009

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

In one month and 5,000 km I'm very happy. Getting 30 mpg on my 120 km daily commute. Had one engine issue, a coil failed but was repaired under dealer warranty. At times the turbo can be jerky in city traffic but the power does make the car. Tried the normal 2.0 L and it was a dog.

The way it drives The sound system. So good I'm listen to music for the first time in a car.

Not much

I Love my Jetta
By Daisy

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Once I laid eyes on this babe I knew I had to get one. I originally wanted the Platinum Grey one but settled for the Blue Lagoon. It's fun to drive and the cupholders actually don't cover the CD player this time!

Recaro Seats, lumbar support, BBS wheels, the 1.8T instead of the usual VR6. Like all Jettas, I love being able to fold down the backseats. I can actually shop at IKEA with this.

Needs more comfortable backseats for passengers. All the warning sounds are good but I don't need to hear a beep every so often to remind me I need wiper fluid.

Gotta love this car
By wamble29

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just bought my jetta about 1 month ago and I am a VW customer for life. The ride is awesome and it is so comfortable. I got the sport package and 1.8T engine and they are perfect together. Moonroof is a must and the spoiler completes the package. If you want a safe car with a decent price get this.

6 Airbags, Monsoon sound system, moonroof and design

Hybrid version, I wish they were designed in Germany and MADE in Germany

2004 VW Jetta GL 1.8T
By tkusterb

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've only had my Jetta for five months and totally love everything about it. Great driving experience. I like the power, the ride, the feel. I look for excuses to go driving, even with gas prices high!

Power. Engine feels powerful. I like the cassette AND CD players (instead of just one or the other). Cool amenities like dashboard design lighting and switchblade key.

Rear seats have very little legroom (good that I never have to ride back there).