2003 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: LOVE MY 2003.5 GLX VR6!!

2003 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLX VR6 Sedan (2.8L V6 5-speed Automatic)

LOVE MY 2003.5 GLX VR6!!
By gnaz_jet on

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

After owning a few reliable & yet boring Toyotas, I decided to go VW, even though I read both favorable & bad reviews. It seems like a lot people have got lemons. But, my Jetta has been outstanding. I'm at 65k mi & have never had a problem. I've only done the standard maintenance, that the dealer recommends & it still drives like it did when it was brand new. It still hauls a--! and has many creature comforts, like a luxury car. To me, it's a luxury sports car & I love every minute that I'm driving it. Of course, I've upgraded the optional 17"s to BBS 18"s & changed out the red tailights to the 2005 GLI smoked ones, to give the 'ol girl a makeover & to keep her happy. She's the Best!!

Body Style, red/blue interior lights, Monsoon stereo is awesome, wood trim, Climatronic A/C unit, heated seats/memory seats, heated side mirrors, cup holders in the 2003.5 GLX have been moved to center console area which is great and everything! I love EVERYTHING about my Jetta. It rocks!

I have none, but my passengers in the back would like more leg room! It's too bad they don't make this model anymore...it's better than any of the new Jettas, including the GLI. They should not have discontinued this one...it's a keeper! I'm looking forward to the next 65k miles!