2003 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Excellent Safety

2003 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLS 1.8T Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Excellent Safety
By TMack on

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After my wife got a new car, a 2001 VW Jetta VR6, I got a little jealous. So when it came my turn to buy a new car I bought a Loaded 2003 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T. Unfortunately I just got into a major car accident on Fathers Day (2004) that ended up totalling my Jetta. And after everything was over, I walked away with very minimal injuries, a little cut on my wrist from the front air bag, and I hit my knee on the dash. All six air bags went off, and this car saved my life. And guess what, I'm going to buy another one! Great gas mileage, and a blast to drive!

The performance of the great 1.8T, you gotta love it. And the great gas mileage, average was 30 mpg! Much better than our 2001 VR6. And I can't stress enough how safe this car is, thanks VW!!!!

Sacrifice a little bit of that great trunk for a little more rear leg room. Again, the dash cup holders still suck. They block the radio. Leather seats are better than the cloth, but still to stiff for my wife. I like them though.