Return of the Jetta
By Sir Drives Alot on
2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 4A)
Fit and finish of this car and it's rock solid feel have it all over the Japanese competitors. The exterior paint is almost flawless I get between 42 and 44 mpg no matter how fast I drive.Lots of standard features even in this entry level GL model like the standard CD player. Dealer support is excellant. I have had two problems that they fixed right the first time (transmision shifting problem and pinched fuel injector line). Everyone loves the dash board lights. The attention to every detail of the interior is amazing at this price level.The folding split rear seats give it plenty of cargo room.
Favorite Features
styling, fit and finish of the interior and exterior. All the windows can go down at once with the ignition key used to unlock the door. Express up & down feature for the front door windows by a flick of the window switches. Ride, handling and quiet interior.
Suggested Improvements
Lever to recline the front seats instead of a rotating knob. Better cup holder placement. More back seat room so my friends can enjoy the ride as much as I do. Xenon option would be awesome.