I hate this car!
By wacqui on
2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I've had 3 cars in the last 22 years, this Jetta is the only one in which extended time for repairs have caused me to lose out on jobs. I always wanted a VW but I HATE this car. The parts are too expensive, not always available, and it is hard to work on the car yourself. Pep Boys would not replace a water pump for me because the car was too complicated for their mechanics and the dealership mechanics are far from good. Everything about the car is hard. You must slam the trunk to close it, you must punch the horn to get it to honk. The doors are heavy. The seats are hard. If you drop something under a seat, forget it. The manual is complicated. And I could on and on..
Favorite Features
It is pretty good on gas but I'm not sure it is any better than a Nissan, Toyota or Honda. I'd trade in in a NY minute for my old Toyota or Honda, both of which were more comfortable, handled better and more reliable. And I could work on these cars myself.
Suggested Improvements
Get the cup holders away form the radio/dvd player. Make the seats more comfortable. Make the manual less complicated. Moon roofs that do not leak.