2003 Volkswagen Jetta 1.9L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - I am very, very impressed.

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Review

I am very, very impressed.
By klance on

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

The Jetta looks great, runs great, feels incredibly solid and is amazingly quiet on the highway due to the low RPM of the diesel. It uses so little fuel, my average being 46-49 mpg, that I often forget when I last filled up. Suspension a bit soft for my liking; added Neuspeed/Bilstein Sport suspension, 205/55HR16 sport tires and rims, and now I'm in absolute driving heaven. Smmmooth transmission! Interior reminiscent of high-end luxury imports, stock stereo kicks butt. Aftermarket performance and body styling options are endless. Before I bought my first Volkswagen, driving was a chore. Now I come up with excuses to drive. Driver Found.

Favorite Features

Artificial Intelligence. You can't lock the driver's door if it's open. Close the trunk, and the alarm re-arms if it was armed before. You can't run the battery down by leaving your lights on. Break pad wear sensors and a warning light! Visor over rearview mirror.

Suggested Improvements

Not much room for big feet in the gas pedal area. Rear legroom could use a little improvement. Could be more powerful, but that would mean lower fuel economy and more tickets!