Huh...
By cpr8 on
2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
Well, let me start off by saying, this is not my car, it is my brother's, but I have driven it enough. Let's start with performance. When you romp on the gas, wait a second, then you fly, and this thing can! It is so much fun, it feels like you are driving a rocket ship, the steering is so tight. But because of this, the comfort is bad, you feel every little rock, it's horrible. Oh, and don't try to put someone in the back seat. I tried, let's just say it didn't turn out so well, I'm 6'0". The exterior design is also top notch, in my opinion. The interior is also layed out very well, the Tiptronic is pretty nice too. The leather seats are supportive too. The A/C is also ice cold.
Favorite Features
Because this car is so light, one, it stays planted in turns, absolutely no body roll, and two, it gets very good fuel economy, I usually manage 21-26 mpg in the city, depends on if I'm having fun or not. On the highway, I usually manage 34. Also, the quality is impressive. Great fold-down seats.
Suggested Improvements
Better marketing. Reliability could use some work, but does good. The back seat is pathetic. For a car this expensive, it should really have power seats. Although I have fallen in love with the car, I would never own it. I'll stick to a Pontiac Bonneville, much better, check it out.