Disappointing
By GoME! on
2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
I bought this car without doing my research. I wish I had, it had problems from the moment I bought it. First the brake light switch, then water pump, now crazy electrical issues no one can figure out. It's very unreliable, and I've taken it to 4 different mechanics and handed the key handed back to me saying they have no idea what's wrong with it. I'm in college, so I had to downgrade to an older Toyota. It makes me sad, I loved my Jetta, but I would absolutely not recommend it to anyone. In fact, I vehemently advise all people I know considering a V-Dub, and anyone reading this, LOOK ELSEWHERE! I've heard a overwhelming number of similar stories, and wish I had done better research.
Favorite Features
It drives wonderfully. I love the radio, the way it looks, and the way it drives. Pretty good gas mileage too.
Suggested Improvements
Don't put the cup holders ABOVE the radio. What the heck? Also, the computers in these cars are wacky, and there are a lot of design flaws. Too many random things went out on this car. Never seen anything like it.