2003 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: awesome

2003 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GL 1.8T Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic)

awesome
By kerryhale on

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car for my wife...I want it back for myself. And i HATE cars..I drive a big pickup truck. Fit and finish are first in this car's class by a wide margin. Acceleration with the turbo engine is exhilarating (or at least exhilarating for a car under 23,000, that is). Everything about this car is nearly perfect. I am completely satisfied, more so than with any car we have ever owned. I would STRONGLY recommend this car to anyone, even someone who can afford 35,000- 40,000. You won't find more car for your money.

Favorite Features

Turbo engine in the price range. Aesthetics (A big cut above the rest) Leather interior Monsoon sound system Weight (extremely heavy for its size and class) and handling characteristics. Basically everything.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioner can be quite noisy when on full blast. The registers could be easily redesigned for a quieter flow. The air conditioner could also use a little souping up. I realize this comes at a performance loss, but this car can get a little warm on some of the hotter days.