2003 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: another great VW

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Review

another great VW
By 65kaefer on

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I bought my Jetta Diesel in January, and love the peppy little thing! I've driven 7,000 miles so far, getting about 45 mpg. The only reason I had to bring it back to the dealer was the sunroof wouldn't close and the driver's map light would not stay on. I got the stick shift thinking I need it for accelleration and fuel ecconomy. It's ackward to shift with the armrest down, and hard to reach the radio controls while in 3rd or 5th gear. Stick with the automatic! There's plenty of head and leg room for my six foot frame. The stereo is great with cassette and CD, large buttons, and great sound.

Fuel ecconomy, large trunk for its size with compartments around spare tire, great stereo, great looks!

Move the stereo higher in the dashboard; find a different way to attach the floor mats; make adjustable size cup holders and pockets on the back of the seats; remove those useless roof rack bars.