2003 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: A Good Choice After All

2003 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLI VR6 Sedan (2.8L V6 6-speed Manual)

A Good Choice After All
By a.ferrari on

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This Is my first car purchased for me by my father. We went to Westloop Mitsubishi looking to buy a 2008 Lancer like my sisters but when I saw this I was whoa! I was surprised that my father had any interest in it but he did. We test drove and he loved it. It being a standard was the only set back. I knew how to drive standard but it had been a while. The salesman told us that it was a 1.8t but it said GLI. Not really knowing the difference we were okay with it. The problem arose when trying to insure it, the VIN number did not match anything. It turned out to be a VR6 shock made my insurance more than double. I have to pay for insurance but this car is definitely worth it.

The acceleration especially. The sunroof dial, the key hole that opperates the windows from outside. I love the heated leather seats also. The build quality is outstanding, everything is tight, no gaps. I also enjoy the colors of the instrument gauges. My favorite feature of all is the the key fob.

Pointless ,out of production. But oh well. Occasionally the car will get sensitive from a stop and will just shut off and will continue to for the next few times. The rear doors are really long. Its easy to ding the car next to you. Gas mileage isn't great, but what do you expect from a powerful V6?