Used 2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Jetta is Junk
By Tomcat42

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned this car less then 2 months. The car has less then 1800 miles on it. It has already been in for service 3 times, all with the same problem. Failed IG coils. The car just broke down for the 4th time and the dealer gave me an attitude. I have spent more money on rental cars then lease payments. I am pursueing relief under the Lemon Law. Due yourself a favor and steer clear of the Jetta!!!

Favorite Features

Very few, the interior is poorly designed with cup holders in the dash board. Cheap interior components and plenty of squeaks and rattles.

Suggested Improvements

How bout building a car that can stay on the road more then a week before another trip to the mechanics.

What a car!
By youbikim

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Frankly speaking, I worried about Jetta's small engine (2.0, only 115 hp). Now, after having it for a month, I am totally satisfied with my Jetta. I think this car is slightly small for a big individual, but its performance is awesome. At only $22000(GLS+leather seats+monsoon sound system), this car has alot of features of luxury cars.

Favorite Features

Every standard feature for GLS. the design

Suggested Improvements

I cannot even imagine what the designer thought about the cup holder when he had put it there.

Jetta GLS 1.8T 5M
By TomcatRyan

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Jetta is fun to drive, it scored very high in the IIHS crash ratings. Who else gives you a side curtain airbag. VW Dealers in the Chicago area suck! I had to go out of state for a good lease. I have the optional sport pack and the car handles great with the 17" tires. $250 for the ESP stability package that its a bargain! The Jetta gives you alot of value for the money. Check out the crash ratings on VW competitors,except for the Honda Civic,they suck! Great car for the class. Cup holder designed in the middle of the dash is terrible!

Favorite Features

Sport suspension and 17" tires. Turbo Engine. Monsoon sound system is great. ESP stability package! Sunroof controls

Suggested Improvements

How about some power seats with the leather package. Cupholder design is terrible! If you are going to have a CD player in the car how about some storage space for the CDs!